Adjust Clutch On Piloted Box With Lexia or Diagbox

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2000 Range Rover V8 4.0
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2
2007 Citroen C4 1.6hdi SX
2012 Berlingo Multispace e-hdi XTR (nice drive :-)
2016 Suzuki Burgman AN650 Executive
I miss my Renault 5 Gordini Turbo....

Adjust Clutch On Piloted Box With Lexia or Diagbox

Post by Doo »

Hi all, had a search, but it's "highly" likely I'm asking it wrong :roll:

I tried using the laptop to re-set the clutch, but it didn't seem to have the section I needed (truth being, I don't fully understand the options...).

Wife's 2007 C4 (93,000 miles) was playing funny bu99ers and would start, jump forward in gear then stall. It stopped during the summer but came back with a vengeance a few days ago & scared the dinner out of my lad :shock: During this cold weather he's been tasked with starting the engine to allow it to warm up before it gets thrashed on the dual carriageway as we moved house. The car started and leapt forward, stopping mm from my bike, which so happened to be outside the garage while it gets spruced up (the garage).

So, it's looking like the clutch (original) is worn past some set point and now needs to be manually adjusted by the laptop as opposed to the on board system.

I also still have to programme a new key & fob, but again, my ineptitude prevented it. I watched video's kindly supplied, but my lexia (or DB) doesn't appear to have certain parameters!!! Or more likely, I am missing cells :-D

Can someone provide a link for the former and possibly explain the latter because my ears are getting bent all out of shape :?

On a positive note, my 2012 Lingo with same set up is performing beautifully at a kick on the @rse off 150,000 8-)

Thanks all :)
Has anyone seen the plot? :?
vincentfishing
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Xsara picasso 1.6hdi
Xsara picasso 1.6vtx 16v
c4 PICASSO 1.6 HDI EGS

Re: Adjust Clutch On Piloted Box With Lexia or Diagbox

Post by vincentfishing »

i used diagbox as lexia wouldnt work properly on my 07 c4 picasso,
the sequence to get to clutch reset and then gearbox setting parameters is to select these
Repair
Gearbox
Pack reparation
Replacement parts
Gearbox programming
if you havnt already i would check the hydraulic fluid level in the egs resevoir
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Bear in mind that the hydraulic fluid levels on this system are always checked with the hydraulic circuit depressurised using the diagnostic tool.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Doo
(Donor 2022)
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2

Post by Doo »

VINCENTFISHING wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 14:50 i used diagbox as lexia wouldnt work properly on my 07 c4 picasso,
the sequence to get to clutch reset and then gearbox setting parameters is to select these
Repair
Gearbox
Pack reparation
Replacement parts
Gearbox programming
if you havnt already i would check the hydraulic fluid level in the egs resevoir
Thank you for this info. I believe this is where I am going wrong :?

I didn't realise "repair" was the door I was supposed to open :oops: I'm used to different diag tools (some old, some new), but I'm guessing the French have a different approach... :)

Her indoors (currently out of doors at work) will be delighted at the prospect of having a car that does as it's told as opposed to as it want's [-X

On a different note, a spake out of turn regarding my "reliable" lingo 8-[ She stopped stopping on the stop/start and instead flashes ECO at me 3 times per brake push. I can only asssume the battery is neaing the end of it's useful life because the alternator was replaced just before I bought the car and all other systems are performing well. I noticed it did this occasionally, but only if I had been doing short runs. But now it's doing it even after a five mile trip. More expense as I need a new battery for my old Rangey too :dunno:

I'm off to the garage to sob into the sawdust pile #-o
Doo
(Donor 2022)
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2

Post by Doo »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 15:23 Bear in mind that the hydraulic fluid levels on this system are always checked with the hydraulic circuit depressurised using the diagnostic tool.
You'd think they would have a way to monitor the level either by eye or by asking the diagnostics rather than having to fanny around depressurising & whatnot :?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The level is still checked with no 1 Eyeball, you just need to get it into the tank first....and that needs the computer!

Wouldn't worry about the S/S - it's very sensitive to the battery; hasn't worked for well over a year in our C4 Picasso, but no sign the battery will not start it, even when it was below -10 last winter. Less strain on expensive alternator to my mind if it doesn't work!!
Richard W
vincentfishing
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Xsara picasso 1.6hdi
Xsara picasso 1.6vtx 16v
c4 PICASSO 1.6 HDI EGS

Post by vincentfishing »

Doo wrote:You'd think they would have a way to monitor the level either by eye or by asking the diagnostics rather than having to fanny around depressurising & whatnot :?
I checked mine without depressurising, the tank is reachable from above to give it a good wipe clean first, on the c4 picasso you can pull off the black plastic bumper insert on frnt n/s bumper and you will see tank, might need torch, fluid was up near top of tank and no hydraulic fluid leaking anywhere .
Last edited by myglaren on 26 Nov 2021, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote tags.
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

The thing is some of us regularly check all sorts of levels and things - so why make it awkward! The answer appears in the desire to make us replace our "consumer goods" on a regular basis. God help the Automotive Car Makers if the "right to repair" legislation on white goods ever gets applied to them.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

VINCENTFISHING wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 18:52 I checked mine without depressurising,
That isn't the correct way to do it and it will likely be over-filled otherwise. Bleeding is also performed with the diagnostic tool - which pressurises the piloting actuator hydraulic circuit, changing through all the gears in order to force air out of the circuit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Doo
(Donor 2022)
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2

Post by Doo »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 15:23 Bear in mind that the hydraulic fluid levels on this system are always checked with the hydraulic circuit depressurised using the diagnostic tool.
Gooood news everyone :-D

I took the dive into wife's murky clutch issues and did all the suggested diagbox stuff.

Wife reported the car has stopped playing up and even feels better to drive =D>

While I was at it, I also programmed the new replacement keyfob, which I am pleased to say, works beautifully. In fact, her indoors decided it was far better than her old fob and promptly snaffled it for herself, ha ha :mrgreen:

It's been over a week and no more jumping into gear when starting.

I'm still convinced these boxes start in 1st with the clutch disengaged, as it were. I can't otherwise explain the jumping into gear and stalling upon start with the gear selector in "N" :?

Whatever, the glitch seems to have gone into hiding. But I'm prepared for it if it shows it's face again :geek: