Dashboard Heater Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chrishook

Dashboard Heater Light

Post by chrishook »

Hi.Just joined the Xantia World! 2.0 16v P reg
Very nice....
Heating controls not lit at night though - i guess "bulb" gone?
Is it easy to do? How do you take facia off? And where do you buy bulb etc HAlfords or Citroen dealer?
Thanks for your help...
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I expect the bulbs are of the small capless type. They are commonly obtainable in accessory shops at about 50p each. They are also obtainable ready mounted in the plastic holders for a bit more. They are not very difficult to fit in the holder, lever out with a small screwdriver and push the new one in, taking care not to break it (they seem quite strong!)
General advice is when you've got it apart replace all in that area.
jeremy
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The Xantia heater illumination bulbs are not the usual capless ones, they come complete with a plastic holder, unfortunately I can't recall the exact part no, but any decent accessory shop will carry them.
John F
My Cars:

Post by John F »

Hi Guys, I have this heater light bulb problem and would like a little advice as to how to get at the bulbs to replace them. can anyone help?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

From memory,remove the ash tray,undo 2 screws(torx i think)in ashtray housing,then carefully remove the stereo/heater control surround.It clips in above the stereo.Then you will see 4 screws that secure the main heater controls to the consul.Undo them & you should be able to pull it out enough to change the bulbs.I think there is only 1 bulb.
John F
My Cars:

Post by John F »

Thanks Neil