This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Messages: 6 • Page 1 of 1
- Donor 2020
- Posts: 5446
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 805
Couldn't agree more. I disabled the auto wipe function on my old Mk1 C5 because it was so bloody useless. I find the auto wipe on our current cars to be equally useless and have got into the habit of flicking up and then down for a single wipe. I have considered disabling this in the two ECUs but haven't found it to be enough of a priority.
Now that's interesting. The auto lighting sensor is co-located here. Are they are on separate plugs or is it a single plug and we have to lose the auto lighting (which is useful) at the same time?
Is the number of plugs going to be the same on our C5 X7 and Peugeot 38 as well as the OP's car(s)?
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 26087
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 3000
On the X7 this is a multiplexed sensor and has 3 functions:
- Automatic wiping (Rain sensor function)
- Automatic illumination of dipped beam lights (Brightness sensor function)
- Automatic brightness adjustment of the screens of the vehicle (Ambient light sensor function)