RT6 to NAC (Connected NAV) Upgrade

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

MacSlavko

Re: RT6 to NAC (Connected NAV) Upgrade

Post by MacSlavko »

For those who want to replace old media/AC panel with the facelift one, here are the reference numbers:
For UK DS5s: 98102715ZD
For Europe DS5s: 98102714ZD (on the photo)
Attachments
99CAC645-36FB-4D3D-A953-44AC24FB798B.jpeg
creo

Post by creo »

Hey!

Thanks for this stunning thread. I am currently trying to source everything I need to replace my
RT6 with a NAC in my Citroen DS5 2012.

While doing so, 2 questions came up:

1) The conversion cable from AliExpress: I can only find conversion cables between NAC<->SMEG. Is this the same as NAC<->RT6, or do they use different pinnings?

2) I would LOVE to find a ready-to-use conversion kit instead of sourcing all the parts individually - especially because I need somebody to telecode it for me (I own a functional (offline) DiagBox, but if I read everything in this thread correctly, this is not enough for the job). Right now, it seems there are only offers that read "Already coded Peugeot SMEG/NAC conversion kit", no kits for DS5 in particular. So I guess I have to wait for any offers to come up for a DS5, right?

Thanks for your time and efforts guys <3

I'm really looking forward to "refresh" my car with a head unit that's more up to the task, and I really really want to use the speakerphone - the RT6 bluetooth stack introduces up to 4 seconds of delay on android, this is absolutely unusable 8-)
Last edited by creo on 05 May 2023, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
robdevil

Post by robdevil »

So. I don't really care about NAC. I've got genuine SMEG+ IV2 purchased(brand new). I've got panel and screen. I need to find power source for screen and tele coding SMEG to my vin. Do I need change any pins in cable to get front panel working as it should because some functions are different?
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

You’re talking about RT6 to SMEG+IV2 upgrade?
Changing the VIN on that one is only possible with connection to Citroen servers. So it’s either a dealership (10 minutes job) or you can do it yourself (if you have Lexia cable and Diagbox), but you’ll still need to purchase a 45€ token on ServiceBox to access Citroen servers.

As for the panel; I assume you’ve kept the old infotainment panel from RT6 and now some buttons aren’t quite right with SMEG+IV2?
That’d be cause some buttons are removed with the touchscreen (and corresponding new panel).
No change in pins is needed, though (you got it working, right?). Those “some functions that are different” should be done by telecoding it right. Needs manual telecoding of said functions, so will be a bit more hassle for the guys at dealership, or you (should you choose to DIY)…

As for the screen; I think the pin outs are the same for RT6 and SMEG? The connectors are the same (no adapters needed).
Anyway, here’s the photo of those on SMEG. You find the one for RT6 and compare the two…
Attachments
IMG_7940.jpeg
robdevil

Post by robdevil »

I've got panel for Smeg+ IV2. It has source button on it rather than view. Ive got also center console to remove gauge. RT6 screen has different power connector so I have to make adapter. I'll check other pins if they are the same later. I just need day off to dismantle all stuff.
robdevil

Post by robdevil »

Ok. So far so good. All fitted and activated. I have to add CD player and all should be completed. I may consider upgrade to NAC in future.
Attachments
20230526_211624.jpg
robdevil

Post by robdevil »

Ok so I've got nac unit. I've plugged in with adaptor and screen won't power up. I will buy another adapter but can someone provide nac pinout diagram please?
I'm worried that I will have to upgrade screen to multi touch as it doesn't have additional power cable I think.
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Read these pages carefully. NAC screen doesn’t use brown power cord (it becomes unnecessary). Both data and power go through the rounded USB cable from NAC (black connector in the bottom row)…
Mine’s not multitouch, but plain DGT7C and it works just fine.
robdevil

Post by robdevil »

Yeah. I've realised after posting. I'm in process of searching new screen.
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Yeah, not easy to find one (and not cheap either)!
Took me almost two months till I sourced mine, from a scrapped Toyota Proace in Norway…
😎
ppeu

Post by ppeu »

Can you explain how you were able to get the connected services working. I done all the steps and everything but connected NAV works.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You have to pay for connected services!

Connected services requires an eligible vehicle with a paid subscription after the initial free period. As your VIN won't be registered with any contract or agreement (I assume - as this is not a vehicle with NAC factory installed), you won't get these services. It also requires an independent telematic unit for the data connection, or use of a Smart Phone's Wifi for these services.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

ppeu wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 08:28 Can you explain how you were able to get the connected services working. I done all the steps and everything but connected NAV works.
Explained (partly) here: viewtopic.php?t=74022
I investigated the matter for quite some time, but still don’t know how I managed to enable Connected Services. Or is it some (welcomed) mistake in TomTom’s system?
😎
ppeu

Post by ppeu »

So my car did not have a NAC united only a SMEG. I got NAC unit and installed everything else works, including downloading the data to the app. I used the donor VIN to get the 1year connected nav service (1 month free trial). But unable to get this on my Nac unit.

If there’s no way I’ll just cancel the subscription. But seems like some people made it work.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think that was an exception - not the norm. If it was free, then millions of other PSA customers would all be doing it....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc