C4 Picasso Air con and heater not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zmax
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 THP

C4 Picasso Air con and heater not working

Post by zmax »

Hi everyone,

I know they're topics on this matter but coud not find my solution yet.
Let me introduce you with my problem:
I can't control the fan blower, temperature and air conditioning. All controlls are working, all light shows what I want to control (wind screen demisting, temperature up and down, a/c etc. ) but no effect over the system. Also can't turn on the a/c compressor.
So here're few clues - from 2-3 weeks I can hear water splashing when turning on faster speeds, last Sunday there was rain and veeery strong winds and at Monday morning there was some water in front of the passanger seat. From then everything was fine for 3 days (no water, air con and heater working) until this morning.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: C4 Picasso Air con and heater not working

Post by myglaren »

Sounds like the aircon and/or scuttle drains are clogged.
Scuttle drains usually exit into the wheel arches. Aircon under the engine 'somewhere'.

I had a worrying moment with mine when I filled up a couple of weeks ago. As I was paying I looked out of the window for the pump number and saw liquid dripping. Fortunately water not petrol.
Was fairly central and a few inches back from the radiator, slightly to the nearside.
Yours will probably not be the same but someone her will pipe up with a more accurate description soon.
zmax
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 THP

Re: C4 Picasso Air con and heater not working

Post by zmax »

I think the A/C can't be turned ON without the fan blower working because the condenser need air. It the same in all AC split systems but I can not confirm it.