C4 Pic 2014 Exclusive (B87) - Wing Mirror Indicator Not Working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Althesandie
Donor 2024

Re: C4 Pic 2014 Exclusive (B87) - Wing Mirror Indicator Not Working

Post by Althesandie »

By the way, Marc is a superstar. Great to have info that he gives.
pc4

Post by pc4 »

Hello everyone,
I found this thread very helpfull and I almost there, just a litte more help I. How do you get to the two torx that hold the mirror to the mirror mount? Im not used to working on cars so I am a bit cautious. After removing the mirror glas, the top, the mirror "ring" and the underside of the mirror I could only just get access to the one facing the rear of the car. The front torx was covered by one of the holders for the underside of the mirror. I couldnt see anything else too remove and the assembly didnt feel like if would give when pushed.

I have spotted two broken wires so Im confident this is the way to fix my indicator.

Thank you and take care!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

hi, welcome along!

Can you post a photo of what you are trying to get at?
Richard W
pc4

Post by pc4 »

Hello,
I didnt take any pictures from above while the mirror was disassembled, something to remember for next time. Ive added two pictures with the screws in question circled. The back one I could reach but the front one was covered by a clip for the screw holding the bottom where the guiding light sits. I think these screws have been removed in the pictures posted by robbie2015 and wiseguy. And I think these are the torx mentioned in zane2g2s description.
IMG_0184.jpeg
20240509_093122.jpeg
Grandcar

Post by Grandcar »

Hi All,

Im new to the French Car Forum... Even though Im on my 3rd Citroen!!! Its been a busy few years and I was very lucky with my previous 2014 C4CP......

Apologies I am slightly off model in this thread , But I can not find similar folding / wire issue with the C4GP B78 in this Forum.

I have just fixed the passenger side mirror indicator on my C4GP by soldering a broken wire just above where it exits upward from the stalk. (I can post photos later once I get this hang of this forum)

I added an extra 2-3 inches of wire to reduce tension and added 2 layers of shrink , but the solder joint is not great and it is right at the point where the mirror rotates.

So.........I am here to ask does anyone know how to turn off Mirror Folding upon locking the C4GP MK2 Exclusive ? My car is a pre facelift, pre Android Auto etc.. 2016 1.6 BLue Hdi

I am sure that in my base model 2014 C4GP MK2, I was able to diabable this on the center console screen. Where welcome home light etc, is ticked or un-ticked

But I acnnot find this check box in any menu in this newer 2016 model.

Do some of these menus needs to be unlocked?? Like a technichian access mode?

If there is no software option, Can I just pull the side mirror fuse? Or will that disable the remote mirror joystick thing?

Any other ideas or diversion to more suitebale thread welcome!!!!!

GC
pc4

Post by pc4 »

I had the same idea, never got to it before my wires broke... According to my car manual it must be done at a workshop, my guess some obd magic. I havent found a fuse for the mirrors, or was it the indicators hm... unsure about the fuses.
Grandcar

Post by Grandcar »

Yeah my manual said the same .... I was hoping someone has figured out how to access technichina options in the cars menu so a soft solution could be found.

Next time I plug into a garage OBD diagnotics box Ill ask if they get any options but I am dubious. I defineitly wont be paying a Citroen dealership in Ireland to do it!!

Ideally Id like to be able to tun the feature on and off as well myself without having to pay for it.

Ill let you know if I get a solution and post it up here !!