Heater matrix- Thanks!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stretch
My Cars:

Heater matrix- Thanks!

Post by stretch »

Just to say thank you to those who replied to my proplem of a leaking heater matrix. Having virtually no experience with working on cars, my girlfriend and myself successfully changed the matrix. Apart from some things not quite going back in as easily (or coming off!) as the Haynes manual would lead you to believe, the car is now back on the road. And yes- it is a bugger of a job.
I would recommend the use of a digital camera,if you have one. It is an excellent method of keeping track of what you are doing.We used it to good effect as we dismantled the dash,taking numerous shots of the wiring and then checking it constantly as we put it back together. With a good zoom on the camera it enables you to keep track of what goes where- and of course once you've finished you just delete the pictures.
Now- am I imagining the wobble on the car or is that another problem!!!
P 2501

Post by P 2501 »

Glad to hear you got on OK. That must be one patient girlfriend you have there!
DomF9
My Cars:

Post by DomF9 »

...not to mention very handy with her hands. I have enough problems getting my girlfriend to WASH her car, let alone do anything remotely useful with it. And getting her to do anything on my car, well, I have more chance of Shergar knocking at my door with a nosebag full of lottery millions.