schematic needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Noblepicasso
My Cars: C4 grand picasso 2.0 bluehdi

schematic needed

Post by Noblepicasso »

Hi all i'm new to the forum, i posted in the introduction section but was recommended to come here so I've copied and pasted some of the other post so sorry if you've read this twice.

I have the parking brake fault coming up and the parking brake won't engage, after reading up on it i was leaning towards a broken wire so i bought a lexia to try get a fault code. Only problem is on the global test when it gets to ABS/ESP it says no communication but reads the rest of the car with no problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

I went to citroen today and asked if they could give or sell me a schematic of the parking brake system, unfortunately they won't.

so does anyone have access to a schematic? and also the location of the ABS/ECU module because my dad is going to help me check for any open circuit's.

Any help is greatly appreciated, i have tried to do as much research as possible so i don't have to ask a question that has already been asked a thousand times but here i am :?

vin number VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks in advance. Gary
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: schematic needed

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You're going to find troubleshooting a bit difficult without some fault codes - there are over a hundred for this system alone.

You may have a 'lesser' Lexia kit with missing hardware if it was under £50 as the ABS / ESP ECU is one of those that may not be able to be read with some of these clones.

The ESP ABS ECU is the controlling ECU for the electronic handbrake and this can go faulty for a variety of issues that may be linked to other systems - hence the need to get the fault codes read with a proper kit. What version of Diagbox have you updated it to?

You have the DW10FD engine - but for your information, your car is listed as needing remedial work by Citroen - it is being flagged up for an after sales campaign. So before anything else, I would give your nearest Citroen dealer a call and tell them you have been advised there is an outstanding after sales campaign required. They will ask for the Reg / VIN. It won't cost you anything for whatever the work is - but they may also pick up the other fault at the same time and advise.

I strongly suggest you don't do any DIY work on it at this point - wait until the outcome of the visit or they may refuse to do anything if they know you've been poking about with the electrics.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Noblepicasso

Post by Noblepicasso »

I didn't realise about the aftersales campaign. Thanks Marc I'll get on with that as soon as i can. I'll let you know what they say.
Noblepicasso

Post by Noblepicasso »

Sorry Marc i forgot to reply to your question. I did read a little into the lexia, the one i bought is here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261751630895
It's the full chip 9.91 diagbox.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so that looks ok to me, so can likely rule the interface out as having issues.

Has any work been done on it lately concerning the wheels, brakes / discs or anything else for that matter? Are you getting the yellow ESP light warning on the dash?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc