can I add cruise control to my 207 HDi?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nikeastwood
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: peugeot 207 1.6 hdi
peugeot 308 1.6 hdi

can I add cruise control to my 207 HDi?

Post by nikeastwood »

would like to have it if it can be configured, I use it a lot on the motorway on my other halfs 308

my VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] if it helps any of you determine if I can or not.

I would obviously have to buy the stalk, I have diagbox/PP
no egr, no dpf, no problems.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: can I add cruise control to my 207 HDi?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Michel and I tried, but we could not get it to work. I think that (as well as the stalk with both cruise control and speed limiter) a switch is needed on the accelerator pedal as well as the one on the brake pedal (which is actually two switches in one; a push to make (for the brake lights) and a push to break (to disconnect the cruise control).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
nikeastwood
peugeot 308 1.6 hdi

Post by nikeastwood »

ok, I am not sure on the switches as I cant see under there

the gap is in the column where the stalk pushes in to the electrics, I have just had a look - I also found a cable that isnt plugged in - any idea where it should go, what its for?
2021-09-18 13.39.59.jpg
2021-09-18 13.40.31.jpg
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am sorry but I cannot help any further (and I don't know what that cable is for). I know that Michel and I spent some time trying to get cruise control working, but I don't know for certain why it didn't. However, you can see the status of the brake pedal switches (so as you press the pedal you should see the main switch close while the redundant switch opens) with your Diagbox system.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ozvtr
My Cars: Citroen C2 VTR
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Post by ozvtr »

I have added cruise control to a 1.6 C2 and a 1.3 C3 (2004 and 2003 respectively). Peugeot's of that era should be much the same. You did not say what year your car is (apologies if it's apparent, not that familiar with Peugeot's).
Not familiar with diesels but the engine must have a fly-by-wire throttle body. What the hell AM I familiar with? :lol:
The cruise control is "multiplexed" (not really multiplexing) from the COM2000 to the BSI and then multiplexed to the engine ECU. The engine ECU is directly connected to the clutch switch and the secondary stop light switch contacts. There are 2 sets of contacts in the brake switch. The primary set are used by the BSI for the brake lights.
There are 2 types of these COM2000 units for PSA cars manufactured between 2002 and 2009. One type is for pre 2005 CAN-VAN systems and the other post 2005 CAN-CAN vehicles. The change over was September 2005...I think.
On the pre2005 COMs the cruise control buttons are on the steering wheel and the cruise control switch logic goes through the "clock spring" of the COMs unit.
On the post 2005 COMs the cruise controls are on a pod that plugs into the side of the COMs unit.
Both types have that slot in the side. For the pre2005 units that's for the "flappy paddles" and the post 2005 units it's for the cruise control and radio control pods.
I am familiar with the pre2005 COMs but not the post 2005 units. The pre 2005 COMs have 2 different circuit boards covering about 5 different variants!! I dare say it's similar for the post2005 units.
So you are going to have to make sure you have the correct COMs unit (that is cruise control ready) for your car.
If your car is a manual, you will need to check if you have the clutch switch fitted. The C3 I fitted cruise control to was a PRND auto and it had a clutch switch fitted!!! TRUE! The clutch switch was NOT necessary. When I activated it with the LEXIA (because...why not?) the system whinged that there was something wrong with the switch as it's state had not changed in X number of drive cycles!? So I disabled it. If your car is a manual the BSI and/or engine ECU might go looking for it. The C2 was a sensodrive...again no clutch peddle so I'm not sure about manuals.

The cable and connector in the photo will be for the flappy paddles used on the sensodrive gearbox. Not all of the devices (switches ETC) go through the multiplexing port on the COMs unit. The air bags, flappy paddles, ESP, for example have separate connectors on the back of the COMs unit and go directly to their respective ECUs.
ozvtr
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Post by ozvtr »

Just noticed the radio in the second photo. Its a CAN radio so your car has an all CAN network and therefor uses the second type of COMs unit with the plug in pod type cruise controller.
Give-me-a-break might be able to tell you the part number(s) of the required COMs unit?
nikeastwood
peugeot 308 1.6 hdi

Post by nikeastwood »

hi, its a 2007 207 1.6hdi

the controller for the CC will plug in to the column, the socket and electrical contacts are there but I will have to cut my own slot in the column shroud as there isnt a pop out blank.

I could do with info on how to tell via the software if my brake and clutch are pressed in, I am sure I saw something a while ago regarding clutch pedal, and secondary brake switch

the controller's on ebay are aplenty and about £20. At the end of the day if I buy one and try it and set the software to have it, I will leave the shroud off the column while I test, if it dont work, then I will not have to cut the slot. £20 is neither here nor there, I will just sell the controller on again.
ozvtr
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Post by ozvtr »

I'm not sure but look under "actuator test" in the individual ECUs.
Seeing as those two switches are directly connected to the engine ECU I would try there or the BSI.
You should be able to see the CC switches if you go to "switching unit under the steering column" or COM2000. Not sure in PP.
I would trawl through the "injection" ECU, the BSI and COMs for all the options associated with the cruise control. They are spread all over the place.
nikeastwood
peugeot 308 1.6 hdi

Post by nikeastwood »

I think I have sorted it, I used the guide https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/h ... st-1009434 there to sort it via diagbox, the first part didnt work out as it wasnt showing as present after switching ign back on, second part on the bsi was ok

I found another guide on that thread relating to a 307 and to try it via PP, I did that and it seems to be ok and all showing as present, the dash display is showing it, although I cant drive the car yet as its in my yard when I press the CC stalk there is -- showing on the screen under mph

I cant update until the car is in use, I have my fiat up for sale now so hopefully after weekend I will be on the road in my 207.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The '---' just means a valid speed has not been set - you can't activate Cruise until a valid speed has been programmed and you can't do that unless the car is on the road and meets the minimum speed and gear position. So you'll need to road test it to see if it has worked. It may still not work, but at least you have checked it out.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
nikeastwood
peugeot 308 1.6 hdi

Post by nikeastwood »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 15:09 The '---' just means a valid speed has not been set - you can't activate Cruise until a valid speed has been programmed and you can't do that unless the car is on the road and meets the minimum speed and gear position. So you'll need to road test it to see if it has worked. It may still not work, but at least you have checked it out.
I have my fingers crossed, I will update in due course.
nikeastwood
peugeot 308 1.6 hdi

Post by nikeastwood »

the rear brakes on my other car went wrong yesterday, so I have switched to my pug

cruise control works! not tried the limit function on the road but I assume that will be fine as when I switched between the two out the back the display changed.

so yeah, well happy that my addition has worked.
delibra
My Cars: peugeot 207 1.4 HDi

Post by delibra »

Hi There.
I own a 207 1.4 Hdi and i want to add the cruise control to it. I saw this video on YT: but my 207 doesn't have those additional plugs at the pedals and on the steering wheel there is no slot to add the cruise control lever. what did you guys used to have a Cruise control to your car ?
Regards,
Del Boy