Firmware/Map update advice needed

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

admiral51
Donor 2023

Re: Firmware/Map update advice needed

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks Marc

Those removal tools are those i used on the C5 head unit, this one is not the same it has no holes :(
IMG20230408171819.jpg

Not sure how to remove the fascia

Colin
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

I have found the information on how to remove the facia etc and assuming there is a Quad Lock that is the one that needs to disconnected last and reconnected first?
Just working on the basis of the MyWay removal process on the C5

These are the MicroSD Cards i have ordered and means i have a spare should i need it

Colin
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, on some of these they incorporate the units into the fascia panels - the DS 5 version has the controls all over the fascia.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks Marc
Quick update drove car today to Southampton for work. Left it 9 hours or so on start up I get this and then approx 20 seconds later I get the 2nd picture and then it reboots and just does the same.
Any ideas :)
IMG20230411162123.jpg
IMG20230411162139.jpg
Colin
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The first screen is as a result of the RT6 picking up your Bluetooth phone. I think on this system you chose a code using the screen, then enter the same code when it asks you on the phone screen. This should pair the phone to the RT6.

The second issue is separate and relates to navigation maps. Either the map update was aborted - mid install, that has caused corruption, or can be as a result of copying map data from one MicroSD card to another.

I suggest you sort the phone pairing first to get that message out the way, then try upgrading the navigation maps again.

I'm not sure where you ended up getting your maps, but make sure they are not corrupted.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Make sure that your phone's BlueTooth is switched OFF whenever you're doing any updating (firmware or maps). Also no CDs or DVDs left in the disc drive.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Marc i think you maybe as usual 100% correct on the Bluetooth issue. During all the install etc i had no phone with Bluetooth enabled, even on the way to work with my work phone.
However my work phone was Bluetooth enabled on the way home as it was paired to the lorry and in my work bag :(

The upgrade was not maps but firmware from 2.05 to 2.80 on an original 13 year old SD card so still going down the route of SD card replacement and fresh install with user data on a USB stick ready to replace what has been lost.
BTW Firmware version 2.80 is from a 110% trusted source :)

Colin
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Paul
Sorry posts crossed but yes nothing in CD and no Bluetooth on any paired phones when i did the Firmware update, i think i took USB out too early so my error for not reading every instruction :)

Colin
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks to this great forum i have managed to remove the head unit, install a new SD card, install firmware Version 2.80, re install user data and i have a fully working head unit again :-D :-D
I have not gone to 2.86 as i wanted to make sure i could do the fresh install first and i do have a spare new SD card :lol:

Yet to install the maps as not sure if i can chose which countries to install or if i have to install them all

Colin
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well done.

The official maps are available country by country (depending on the countries) or the whole of Europe, which I expect most would buy as it works out cheaper than buying individual countries - unless you're not planning to go abroad.

Marc
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks Marc
I could not have got this done without yours and everyone help.

I have the Europe maps but was not sure if i could choose which countries to install from or if i had to install them all.

I have no intention of going abroad as i have never had a passport and no intention of getting one unless i am going to be flying/cruising, anything but driving my own car :)

Colin
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Depending on the update, I thing you can pick the maps to install, but I can't confirm this as I have had different head units and all have Europe in one update.

Marc
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Marc i have just checked the install info on the Citroen site and it looks like i can pick and choose which maps i want to install from the Europe maps so will give it a bash tomorrow :)

Colin
Last edited by admiral51 on 15 Apr 2023, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Yes, you can pick which maps to install.

In fact in your case it would be advantageous NOT to update the others as you will have less chance of running out of space on the SD card.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Cheers Paul i edited my above post whilst you posted :)

Colin