PEUGEOT 2008 electric door mirror

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pugwashtoo
My Cars: 2014, Peugeot 2008, 1.6 HDI
2013, Citroen Berlingo, 1.6 HDI

PEUGEOT 2008 electric door mirror

Post by Pugwashtoo »

Hi one and all.
My Peugeot 2008 is a 2014, 1.6 HDI model with electrical folding mirrors. I can unfold both of them with the switch on the drivers door and when I lock/unlock the car using the key fob. The problem is.. I cannot adjust the actual glass mirror using the controls on the drivers door. In short, both door mirrors don't move.
I have selected left and right mirror on the sliding switch and pressed the up, down, left and right buttons on the four triangles switch all to no avail.
Being very new to the 2008, it's quite possible it maybe finger trouble my end. But then again, it may not be.
Either way, I request some of your collective wisdom and or guidance to help me.
Ps. All four electric windows work from the drivers door.
Thanks.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: PEUGEOT 2008 electric door mirror

Post by myglaren »

Welcome!

Is it possible that rain or some other liquid could have entered the door controls?
The C5s sometimes had similar problems - mine did - and the liquid contaminated or caused corrosion on the contacts.
It is possible but fiddly to remove the switch module, dismantle and clean the contacts.
Often a rubber on a pencil will suffice. I used cotton buds and isopropanol, also Servisol electrical contact cleaner.
Pugwashtoo

Post by Pugwashtoo »

Thank you for giving me a possible direction to start my digging.
Pugwashtoo

Post by Pugwashtoo »

I've had the switch out and it's not the problem. Are there any more trains of thought please?
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

PSA window/mirror switches are not the best in my experience, my own 307 has a faulty window switch & despite a thorough strip down and clean (+ swapping bits over with a spare unit i have) the passenger window "one touch" still doesn't work from the drivers door, my point is, unfortunately it could be time for a new unit, you could try buying a second hand one but that could be just as bad, especially off a high mileage car.

Before going down the replacement route it might be worth checking the power supply to the switch but for that you'll really need the wiring diagram. One thing that might be worth checking is the condition of the wiring harness that goes from the vehicles body/frame into the door, they are better than they used to be but the wires are a little prone to breaking up (within the rubber conduit). Unfortunately the rubber conduit/sleeve is near impossible to get off easily & cutting it off isn't advisable as it's there to protect the wiring within it, which obviously has it's own sheath so broken wiring strands are not always visible even when you get to the wiring!. Although it's certainly not always the case faulty electrics within a door can indicate issues with the wiring going to the door, does every thing else such as interior lights & door speaker work too?
Music keeps me going.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Check Fuse Number F2 in the BSI which is located in the passenger compartment glovebox. Fuse F2 supplies power to the mirror control joypad.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc