new joiner

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Zedster
My Cars: Citroen BX
BMW Z4

new joiner

Post by Zedster »

Hi I am considering buying a C5 Estate, having loved an old BX some years ago (suspension was great). Decided to join the forum to get some advice. The car will likely be a diesel which I will also need advice on, I am reasonably knowledgeable on petrol engines but no little about diesels. My wife owned a diesel once and had the unfortunate experience of turbo runaway, after which I swore never to buy one, but they say time heals. I do all my own maintenance so particulalrly interested in knowing all things related to that.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: new joiner

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. I am on my third C5 estate (all have been diesels), and they are good cars of you look after them properly. There can be problems (such as getting parts for the older C5s and the steering racks on the last generation (known as X7) are known to develop leaks), but they are very comfortable and useful in size.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!