Spinning locks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bharper

Spinning locks

Post by Bharper »

So recently got hold of an 05 Xsara Picasso 1.6 petrol and noticed that both the locks on the passenger and drivers side just freely spin and don’t lock or unlock the car. Normally I wouldn’t be fused by this to much but I also struggle to lock the car with the remote as it’s like I have to apply a certain amount of pressure in a certain place on the button. Anyone able to aid me on this pls😂
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Spinning locks

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Try this first:

Get a strong piece of wire to hold open the cover where you insert the key. Then using a can with a straw, spray some silicone grease or silicone oil in (preferably not WD40 as this can affect plastics).

Then use the key to gently but firmly work the key into locking and unlocking whilst applying slight pressure to the key whilst turning it left and right to lock and unlock it. Give the oil time to penetrate.

Then see if that fixes it.
VINCENTFISHING

Post by VINCENTFISHING »

Bharper wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 10:24
So recently got hold of an 05 Xsara Picasso 1.6 petrol and noticed that both the locks on the passenger and drivers side just freely spin and don’t lock or unlock the car. Normally I wouldn’t be fused by this to much but I also struggle to lock the car with the remote as it’s like I have to apply a certain amount of pressure in a certain place on the button. Anyone able to aid me on this pls😂
common occurence on these cars
just press the key in as you turn it and you will probably find it will unlock /lock properly
no pressure will spin, apply pressure it will lock/unlock,
theres a guy on ebay who will repair the remote control board by return post for £15(i think) they are notoriuos for breaking solder joints etc,
have had 2 repairs by him with no further problems.
VINCENTFISHING

Post by VINCENTFISHING »

this is ebay item number

eBay item number:
type number into ebay search and it will take you to item