Espace Mk2 2.0i Gear Change Linkage

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chaser
My Cars: Espace Mk2

Espace Mk2 2.0i Gear Change Linkage

Post by Chaser »

Car > Espace Mk2 2.0i 1994. Will not say how many miles - would not believe - great Car.

Part of the Gear Change mechanism consist of a Metal Rod from the Gear Change to the Gear Box.

At each end is a Banjo into which a Clear Plastic 'Cotton Reel' is pressed which then accomodates a Metal nipple - one at the Gear Change Lever and one at the Gear Box.

I am informed the Renault Part No is 60 25102 535 but that the part is no longer available.

I was told the same last year - but an older Parts Dept guy then arrived by chance - said he would send for one which he did within a week.

Any advice on where I can try to source - I would think must have been used for many vehicles.

Best Rgds.
Chaser
Chaser
My Cars: Espace Mk2

Re: Espace Mk2 2.0i Gear Change Linkage

Post by Chaser »

Hi,

I have misled you because the Part No is not correct - I have been checking out on 'renaultgenuineparts' and that Part No references the Connecting Bar - I took Parts Dept Ref No as 'Gospel'.

Bar perfectly fine and in use.

I do not want to jump to conclusions but the Parts Dept chap was young and very flippant when he knew the age of the vehicle - the fact that it is immaculate and well looked after - irrelevant.

All I want is the plastic insert that goes into the Banjo - I received last time I ordered so I know it is possible.

I have scanned the exploded parts image - I will try to Attach - part marked with RED Arrows.

But the problem now is that I do not know the Part No of the insert.

I am back to the Parts Dept on Monday - will keep my cool if some effort is made - because you can bet the same part was used in a number Renault Models.

I will get back and let you know what transpires.

Best Rgds & Thnxs.
Chaser
Attachments
RENAULT 222.jpg