Buggered Blaupunkt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hardhantsboy
My Cars:

Buggered Blaupunkt

Post by hardhantsboy »

I have recently purchased a 93 Xantia VSX 16V, the Radio is a Blaupunkt 4030, and there are 3 faults with it.
1) The Tape refuses to work.
2) The buttons on the left do not light up at night.
3) Occaisionally, pressing the volume control button (either steering wheel remote or the one on the panel) causes the volume to instantly go to max. The neighbours were not impressed at 6:15 AM!
Anyone know if these can be refurbished, or any source of replacements, no luck on eBay.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Citroen Radios do pop up on Ebay from time to time and tend to go for around the £30 mark...it could just be a bit barren on there at the moment.
The alternative is to convert to a normal DIN unit with steering wheel controls capability (and upgrade to the joys of CDs as well!)
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Dave,
Depends on you budget. As Phil says Ebay will eventually have a replacement for about £30. Round here you could pick up one any day of the week from a breakers for a similar amount.
Halfords have just done an offer on a decent Sony unit with CD that would cost less than £130 including facia adaptor and steering wheel wiring interface. Pretty good considering I paid £225 12yrs ago for a similar spec Sony but with cassete!
David
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Dave - Silverlake near Botley (in Yellow Pages) normally have a stack of recently-removed and/or decoded radios within squinting distance of their phones. Expect to pay VAT on top of what they quote (not normally very cheap, but for radios they're average-ish).
Also a good source if you need a driver's guide as they carefully remove these from the cars they get in and shelve them in reception (yes, that's right, a scrappy with a reception area). Again not especially cheap, but sometimes useful (think they had some XM ones last time I looked).
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

go to:
www.davidsonelectronics.co.uk
they repair car radios and fit new minature lamps.
sponix
My Cars:

Post by sponix »

Silverlake have a website www.silverlakeautoparts.co.uk and will deliver.
With regards to their reception area they have comfy chairs, a drinks machine and a telly!