ICE

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fatbugger
My Cars:

ICE

Post by fatbugger »

Hi everyone
Have just purchaced a JVC CHPK483R cd package with auto changer to go in my 97 Xantia. I thought I had got a bargain until I realised the facia adapter was £25 and I needed a lead to adapt the wiring and to work the steering wheel audio controls at £30 odd. Is there anywhere I can get these cheaper? do I actually need the facia panel? or will it look a complete mess without it?
Any help would be appreciated.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

The facia adaptor is most likely only a tenner from Citroen themselves (a lot of us have found out the hard way, or am I thinking of the ZX one?), and shop about and pay not much more than £15 for the harness adaptor. About right, chaps?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

There's a bit more to the xantia radio adapter to do it right, there is the actual radio surround with door, plus a replacement surround for the heater control pannel, thats why it costs what it does.
Dave
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

Might be worth checking the scrapp yards.. obviously they'll have taken the headunits out but rarely will they take out facia adapters & Wiring adapters..
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Are you thinking of the ZX one, not the Xantia one, Dave? A 97 Xantia should be the same as mine; no door, just a new backing shell and cover insert; no heater controls anywhere!
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

ZX one doesn't involve the heater controls, Phil - it sits above them and has the rather nice drop over cover!
Ron
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Shame th Xantia doesn't come with one of those drop down doors like my BX...perhaps I should change to a ZX instead...
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Well Phil, my 97 xantia has a radio surround with a nice drop down door and new surround to replace the original one as part of the kit, and it is a genuine citroen item, I know cos' I bought it from the local main dealers and fitted it myself, put some pressure on[:D]
Dave
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Alas, I got ripped off for an autoleads fascia adaptor...Might change it and flog the old one on ebay!
Any idea how much it was, Dave? This is a pre-facelift we are talking about, isn't it?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Yes Phil pre-facelift model, can't remember actual price but think it was somewhere between 25-30 quid.
Dave
fatbugger
My Cars:

Post by fatbugger »

Picked up an Auto Leads adaptor plate for £17. Steering wheel controls adapter unit a frightening £39.99. Had to be done though no point in having steering wheel controls and not being able to use them! My car does not have rear door speakers. Does anyone know if the speaker wiring is already there? Cannot imagine they would have two different looms one for rear speakers and one without? Is it possible to fit any speakers without the door pockets that seem to be on the rear doors of models with rear speakers?