xantia imobilizer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mickflan
My Cars:

xantia imobilizer

Post by mickflan »

does anyone have any idea if i could put a keypad in my 95 1.9td nearly all xantias i have seen have a keypad but mine has a black stick thingy i have to push this in to a little thing at the right hand side of the steering wheel im wondering if the info in the stick would have the numbers that would work a keypad any help would be appreciated thanks mick
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I suspect you would have to fit the entire engine management system off a later Xantia TD, its really not worth the trouble. Plenty of people with the keypad system would like to get rid of it!
I think the type of immobiliser you have was a dealer fit option or it could be an aftermarket system, and nothing to do with the keypad system fitted as standard to later models.
Nick
mickflan
My Cars:

Post by mickflan »

mmmmmmmmm sounds wierd i have seen earlier models with the keypad in this is a mk2 xantia seems a bit strange to me anyone any ideas ....cheers ....mick
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Keypads were an option on the Xantia for a while before they became standard equipment. A friend of mine has a '94 Xantia 1.9 LX TD with a keypad, but my dad used to own a '96 Xantia 1.9 LX TD without a keypad.
In any case, unless the fuel solenoid on the injector pump has a shield round it, like on later models, fitting an imobiliser is fairly pointless, as they can be bypassed under the bonnet with a piece of wire in a matter of seconds.
Nick