Diagbox actuator tests

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

R1bobuk
My Cars: 207cc 3008

Diagbox actuator tests

Post by R1bobuk »

I have run my clone diagbox on my own 207cc and have found it does what it should. I was today trying to run an actuator test on a friend's 207SW, the ECU test and it kept throwing up a message saying 'Activation not possible' for all tests. I have tried the throttle butterfly and the variable valve motor. No joy. Same message The car doesn't start. Any ideas?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Diagbox actuator tests

Post by wheeler »

Forget about diagbox auctator tests at the moment, the issue here is that the car does not start. We need more details. Year of car, which engine fitted, is the engine turning over or not? Did it cut out whilst running or just not starting one day?
R1bobuk

Post by R1bobuk »

Hi Wheeler, thanks for your reply, do you not think its related?
The car is a 2008 1.4VTI 207 SW with 70k miles. The owner was driving and it suddenly stopped without warning. It didn't start running rough then stall, it was a sudden stop.
I have checked the fuel pressure. I have checked the plugs (1 and 2 wet, 3 and 4 dry) I have checked the cam chain (but not the cam timing)
I have swapped out the BCM and ECU (but not at the same time) with my own car and it is no different.
I have fault read and I get an oxygen sensor plus an oil level sensor fault from the ECU.
There was one other thing, a small plastic valve cover was missing from the rocker cover and the spring that sits under it was found in the back of the engine bay. Its the small one immediately next to the bolt that secures the airbox to the rocker cover.
It was my intention to run a full actuator test, then a compression test followed by checking the timing. My concern is that if that actuator test isn't working then are the actuators working? Could it be an issue with the BSI/immobiliser?
Thanks again
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

R1bobuk wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 09:48 Hi Wheeler, thanks for your reply, do you not think its related?
Im not saying at the moment its not related but the main issue is here the car is a cut out wont start.
Highly unlikely its an immobiliser issue, the immobiliser only stops the car initially starting, it wont cause it to stop while running.
If you swap the ECU independently the car wont start as the ECU, BSI (i take it this is what you mean by BCM?) & the transponder chip are all a matched set. Also beware if you have been swapping BSI’s between cars without unpluging the instrument panel’s one of the cars may now have some extra miles on it now.
R1bobuk

Post by R1bobuk »

I replaced the bcm (the fuse box inside the car) I had read the car needed programming for an Ecu swap out but there are a few you tubers that seem to have got lucky and plugged in A replacement ecu and away it went.
The thing is, the car behaves identically with either Ecu, ie cranks and will not fire, diagbox will read fault codes but won't carry out actuator test. I hear the fuel pump prime when I turn the key, the car turns over ok but doesn't even try to start.
It's good that we can rule out the imobaliser and hopefully the BSI. I think I will try a spark test next but I still think the unavailable accuator test is telling me something? Thanks for your I put.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

R1bobuk wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 00:09 I replaced the bcm (the fuse box inside the car) I had read the car needed programming for an Ecu swap out but there are a few you tubers that seem to have got lucky and plugged in A replacement ecu and away it went.
The only way that has happened is if the ECU has been electronically modified to remove the immobiliser. Failing that the ECU will not unlock and allow starting unless it is fitted along with the matching BSI & a key chip that is programmed to that ECU & BSI.
There is no way someone has just ‘got lucky’ with this, not on a BSI equipped PSA car anyway.