Car not pulling away (Grand C4)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Feralis
My Cars: Citroen Grand Picasso C4

Car not pulling away (Grand C4)

Post by Feralis »

Hello
I have a diesel 2010 Grand C4 Picasso semi/automatic, I had the EML come on saying EGR not working properly, so I bought a can of egr cleaner and it seemed to sort out the juddering, it then went on a 200 mile trip and was brilliant, I’ve parked it up and gone back about a week later, and it wouldn’t move.
It’s starting first time idles lovely and when I neutral it revs normally, but I put it in auto or manual and try to move and it doesn’t pull away there is next to no revs it sort of rocks forward but no signs of stalling there’s just basically nothing to make it move.
If I pull away then let it roll backwards and start pulling away I get a few extra revs but then it bottoms out at about 800 rpm and just sits there.
I thought it was the brakes I’ve checked them they are definitely off, I just at a complete loss.
As obviously I can’t drive it to a garage to check.
Just to add it has no EML codes other than the EGR one as I have to pay to clear that code so have left it for the moment.
Sorry for the long post
Many thanks
Feralis
My Cars: Citroen Grand Picasso C4

Re: Car not pulling away (Grand C4)

Post by Feralis »

Just to put it back to the top in case anyone has any idea what it may well be??