C5 X7 Electrical Charge Issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ainsy

C5 X7 Electrical Charge Issue

Post by Ainsy »

Hi Marc. I have had a warning light appear stating battery charge or electric supply fault. Electric tailgate and air con now in opp. Is this an alternator issue. Maybe a coincidence but cars developed a rattle from belt area now as well.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 01 Jul 2021, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I've deleted you other post as it was a duplicate of this one - So I have split that into a new Topic for you to avoid duplication of answers too.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C5 NaviDrive 3D Sat Nav System

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, yes it sounds like either the accessories belt is loose or the alternator. My accessory belt shredded and came off after it had been to the dealer to have the A/C compressor replaced - caused by them levering off the belt with a screwdriver and nicking the belt - so that just weakened it and ultimately it came off whilst we were out. The first signs were the power steering starting to get heavier at lower speeds - as this is entirely powered by the battery directly, so as my battery started to run down without any current generation - luckily made it home.

So if you think the belt is shot, get it replaced, but I would certainly limit use of the car until you know what it is or you could get caught short as per my example and I would certainly get the battery off for a good overnight charge in any case.

Make sure you follow the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure
Ainsy

Re: C5 X7 Electrical Charge Issue

Post by Ainsy »

Thanks for you help again Marc