Peugeot 207 1.4 Petrol - Won't Crank

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dumbrill
My Cars: Peugeot 207 1.4v 16V

Peugeot 207 1.4 Petrol - Won't Crank

Post by dumbrill »

Hi I have a 2006 207 that won't turn over.

The car is now in economy mode, plus signals a depollution fault and ABS braking fault. With the key in the ignition and the door open it beeps to remind you to remove the key.

The car failed back in March and I've looked at it and an auto-electrician has looked at, but with no joy. I'm now having a second crack at it. Things that have been done so far are:

- The BSM has been swapped out.
- The ECU was checked by the ECU Doctor
- The BSI/ECU/Key has been swapped, but with no effect and I have now put back in the original set.
- With the ignition on I've energised the starter motor and the engine turns over, but won't fire.

I have a copy of Diagbox that I used to be able to connect, but now all it does is reads the VIN number and then stays as 'please wait'.

There is no sign of any water ingress and all the connectors look in good condition. The body earth connectors have also been checked.

So so far :(

Are there any wiring diagrams available or what next steps can I do to fault find?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Peugeot 207 1.4 Petrol - Won't Crank

Post by wheeler »

The next step here is to check the ECU is powering up, are you getting a 5v feed at the coolant temp sensor with ignition on?
If not you next need to check all power supplies, earths & CAN lines to the ECU.
dumbrill

Post by dumbrill »

Thanks, I'll check the coolant sensor, but I won't be able to do it until Wed evening.

Are there any sources for wiring diagrams? Otherwise it's just guesswork.
dumbrill

Post by dumbrill »

So with the ignition on there is 5v at the coolant sensor. About 5 secs after turning off the ignition there is a click from the BSM and it drops to 0v.
dumbrill

Post by dumbrill »

Really stumped with this and nothing info to go on. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the car? The VIN number is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]