Grand Espace III 24v V6

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pragster
New User
My Cars: Grand Espace 3.0 V6 24v / 2001

Grand Espace III 24v V6

Post by Pragster »

Hello,
Newbie here. North London based. Looking to connect with someone local who has knowledge of these cars.
Although mine's working fine, I'd like to meet someone who knows these engines well. There's bound to be issues over time and I don't want to be firefighting.
Any help appreciated.
Prag M
Attachments
883A3725-AE75-4BEB-A678-F9ABCB69AAC1_1_201_a.jpeg
jamescarruthers
Donor 2023
My Cars: 1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 3.0 petrol Exclusive

Re: Grand Espace III 24v V6

Post by jamescarruthers »

Hey. Your engine was in the Avantime (relatively commonly) and the C6 (relatively uncommonly).

I’ve had two C6 and one Avantime with your engine. It’s a fantastic thing! It must be very cool to have it in an Espace.

The Avantime suffered oil leaks so bad that the rocker covers had to come off when the engine was out to do the timing belt to stop it filling up the spark plug recesses with oil.

I imagine access in the Espace is as bad as the Avantime so be prepared to take the engine out to do the timing belt.

We have an Avantime mechanic god on the Avantime Owners forum. He is up in Scotland but works on cars all over the country as they go up and down to him. Join that forum and look for Renoman1975.

There is also Paul Sage, now semi-retired, of Alpine Autos in Kent.

These would be my two go-tos.

They like to eat coils so I would suggest keeping one with you at all times. 3 are very easy to replace; 3 require the intake manifold to be removed— not the hardest thing in the world.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 3.0 petrol Exclusive