Braking issue !!!!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KennyW
Donor 2020

Braking issue !!!!!!!!!!

Post by KennyW »

Hi All,

Over the last couple of days I have had the following problem, when driving around a corner the brakes are briefly applied then released. This does not happen all the time.At first I thought I was accidentally applying the brakes and accelerator at the same time. It's a bit disconcerting.

Also I have had the fault code U2006 appearing are they related.

A problem with ESP

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Kenny
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Braking issue !!!!!!!!!!

Post by xantia_v6 »

Are your tires all matched for brand and wear?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes that fault is probably related as it concerns an RCD fault: Engine speed information fault (absent or not valid): Not characterised. I suspect that either the ESP advanced functions are disabled whilst this fault is active ot in fact the ESP is kicking in as it detects a potential loss of trajectory or loss of traction.

Unfortunately the fault is uncharacterised, but I know this fault generally comes up with the under inflation detection system - so I would check tyres as Mike has suggested - differences in tyre makes / tyre model / Tread Pattern (particularly across one axle) can throw the engine speed info out.
KennyW
Donor 2020

Post by KennyW »

Thanks for the replies,

The tyres were fitted at least 6 months ago and I have had no problem until a couple of days ago.

Front N,S and O/S are same make etc likewise the rears.

I have Under inflation detection system in off mode for at least 18mths no problems.

Could the heat be affecting it ? I think unlikely as car as been in the south of France and nothing like this happened.

As I said originally it's a bit disconcerting when the brakes suddenly apply and then disengage after a second or so.

Kenny
ksanturion10

Post by ksanturion10 »

Actually, this one is hard to crack... not sure, but don't think the engine speed plays a role here... and still not much of a help eather :)
Haven't resolved my front blocking wheel yet... think there is a connection problem somewhere. Have to trace it first, maybe this could help.

drBR
Martin
KennyW
Donor 2020

Post by KennyW »

Maybe cleaning the ABS sensors will help, but I've not had any issues for a week. Nothing has changed.

Kenny