removing cylinder head

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bad driver
My Cars:

removing cylinder head

Post by bad driver »

On a 306td, is it possible to lift the cylinder head with the cam still attached? Manual says remove the cam and cam wheel, but lookin at it to save messing about and to save time, If I mark up the timing belt respective to the cam wheel could I just slip the belt off and then lift it as a complete unit?
So far I have removed the inlet / exhaust manifold, all wires, pipes etc. I am now left with one bolt from the engine mounting bracket in the side of the head and the timing belt to do. Apart from the cylinder head bolts.
Oh and anyone know the size of the torx head bolts? I dont have the torx bit big enough so need to go get one, will be helpful if I know what size I'm after.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Haynes is refering to an older version of this engine (plastic timing covers held on with spring clips) later ones have bolt on covers, you don't have to take the pulley off on this one.
The engine mounting is not only bolted to the head but also dowelled to it on the TD's, so there's a bit more fun for you, retaining the evil tensioner spring or shoving it back when its got loose[:D]
You can undo the lower bolts of the mounting and lift it all out, more awkward, or remove the mounting first then lift, note, if its an early type (which I don't think yours is) the mounting has to come off before the head can be lifted.
T55 for the head bolts.
Dave