Berlingo electric window regulator problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Raul
My Cars:

Berlingo electric window regulator problem

Post by Raul »

Hello

I have a problem with fixing the electric window regulator( passenger side) on my 2003 berlingo. Here is how it all started . My friend was sitting on the passenger side and as there was a very hot day the window was moved all the way down. My friend was supporting his elbow on the door and of course , as stupid as I am, I had to touch the up-n-down button of the window to regulate the air flow in the car. So the next day I took off the inside cover of the door, removed the glass and removed the the whole system with a motor that regulates the winow height and after observing the whole assembly I noticed eventually that a little white plastic thing that has a hole for a cable to fix it into the place has broken and the cable was pulled against the pulley and obviously this was the reason why the system was blocked. In the shop I was told that I can not buy only this little piece and therefore they ordered a repair kit which consisted three of those little pieces, 3 cables and a main roller( the one which is going to be connected with the electric motor). So when I eventually got those parts I at first tried to simply replace the litte white thing but unfortunately it did not help because it was still blocked and the sound was not pretty when the regulator button was pressed. So I decided to change all the cables and the main roller for the cables. It was quite a puzzle for me but somehow at least in my mind I got those cables in place and on the roller and I was quite happy but when I installed the glass and moved the window up and down a couple of times, I noticed that when the window is all the way up there is too much slack in one of the cables. I can simply pull the cable out of the stopper( white thing) and it is obvious that this way the cable could pop off from its place any time. I have removed and observed the system a numerous times and I just can not understand what else can I do to fix the excessive slack in the cable. When I took the assembly out and remove the roller thing from the motor and move the glass holders up-d-down manually it seems to work ok. There is no excessive slack as the main roller with cables seems to move along with the movement but when it is connected with the electric motor and the roller can not move any more then one cable could be under quite pressure while the other one could get too slack. So before replaceing the whole assembly I decided to ask if anyone could have an idea what have I done wrong.
Citroen gsa 1299 , 1982
Citroen gs 1,2 pallas 1977
Citroen xantia 1,9 td estate 1996
Citroen Xantia 2.0 hdi 90 2000