205 No go again!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nathan_marriott

205 No go again!!!!

Post by nathan_marriott »

Ive just put the engine back in my 205 after having to take it out to do some weldin on the chassis rails, it was running ok before it was removed. Ive plugged everything back up as it was (labelled it all up) and it wont fire now.
It turns over, there is a spark and there is fuel, abight that the fuel pump is hard wired to battery for time being, there is fuel in it and ive tried easy start, which it runs on for a short period of time after having to rev it (which the neighbours love coz its Easter Sunday and its not got an exhaust on it!!!) then when i let off the throttle it dies and then wont restart again. Can any one help before i sit in the corner of the garage and start to cry!!!!!
sponix
My Cars:

Post by sponix »

Check all the cabling/pipework near/behind the sections that you welded. It's possible that a cable got melted.
Also check *all* the earth wires attached to the engine are bolted down tightly and making good contact.
Then, I'd double check that no pipes/cables have become squashed between engine and chassis and also double check the wiring. Also check that the wire to the fuel pump is indeed making the fuel pump operate.