Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
wilikik751
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Apr 2021, 23:22
x 1

Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by wilikik751 »

Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error
Replaced Maf and Map sensors and still the same. Error pop up when driving and releasing accelerator pedal while its in gear. ?t mean when engine in compressor (I dont know is it correctly in English words) Turbo hoses looks good not any leak, also intercooler doesnt leak. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this?


Similar topics:
viewtopic.php?t=64059
viewtopic.php?t=61409
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

If you pop your VIN up (it will be automatically hidden from public view when you submit your post) I can see if there was a specific recall for this code as there has been for other models. But it usually relates to the EGR valve from previous experience with this error.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
wilikik751
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Apr 2021, 23:22
x 1

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by wilikik751 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 09:07 Hi

If you pop your VIN up (it will be automatically hidden from public view when you submit your post) I can see if there was a specific recall for this code as there has been for other models. But it usually relates to the EGR valve from previous experience with this error.
Hi, and thanks for reply,

VIN: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Yep, I thought so - when I put your VIN in, there is an outstanding After-Sales Campaign for your vehicle!

I can't tell you exactly what it is for, but you need to contact your Peugeot dealer and give him your VIN. They will be able to tell you what the work is for. It won't cost you anything - but it could save you a lot in costs yourself, so don't wait - get it booked in now.
Recall.PNG
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
wilikik751
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Apr 2021, 23:22
x 1

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by wilikik751 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 21:13 Yep, I thought so - when I put your VIN in, there is an outstanding After-Sales Campaign for your vehicle!

I can't tell you exactly what it is for, but you need to contact your Peugeot dealer and give him your VIN. They will be able to tell you what the work is for. It won't cost you anything - but it could save you a lot in costs yourself, so don't wait - get it booked in now.

Image
Asked service and this campaign about timing belt replacement. My problem is still exist. P02ED and P00BC looks same time in vehicle.
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The after-sales campaign is a separate issue - still get it done - it is free.

As for the those faults, there was a TSB out on some vehicle witht he Euro 6.1 DV6FC engines where P02ED and P00BC together have a known issue with the EGR valve. The recommendation and service action was to replace the EGR valve. So this may be the case with you - but I can't confirm it of course.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
Tom309
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Nov 2020, 20:41
x 13

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by Tom309 »

Peugeot 308 P9 (2015):
When I go on a long journey, I tend to monitor for dpf regens (and fault codes) by a mobile app (FAP). Usually the car starts a regen between 12.5 & 13.5g. I noticed that it hasn’t done a regen and now is up to 18g.
So I plugged-in Diagbox to see what was going on. No faults are shown for the EGR circuit until I do the engine management actuator test “Test of the Air Intake Circuit”. This does the test and then shows the result “EGR circuit permeability fault”.
I tried the actuator test of the EGR valve and this showed no faults found.

Over the last year I’ve had previously had the P00BC + P02ED fault codes:
- P00BC inlet air circuit - air flow lower than the theoretical air flow, legislative threshold
- P02ED inlet air circuit - air flow higher than the theoretical air flow, legislative threshold
So looking at this post last year, I assumed that I would need to replace the EGR valve as the two fault codes started to appear quite often (3 to 4 times on a 100 miles journey).
As I hadn’t had time to change the EGR valve, I tried an EGR valve clean via Diagbox (Autumn last year). Surprisingly, after this, I had a long time (a couple of months) without any P00BC & P02ED faults. After that I have had a very occasionally fault during a long, hard deceleration e.g. down a steep hill.

Trying the EGR valve clean operation via Diagbox today gives the result “Unclogging failed”, “communication problem, Response time too long, Restart the test”.

So I’m guessing that I need to replace the EGR valve (or is it likely that it needs a physical clean, or has a wiring issue to it?).
So can someone please supply the part number for the EGR valve and any gaskets that are also required {VIN VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]}
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The engine ECU does the EGR 'anti-stick' routine every time the engine is switched off just so you're aware.
tom egr.png
(1) Gas Recycling Tube, part: 9803842980, £68.29
(2) Emission Control Seal, part: 9803844580, £29.09
(3) Emission Control Seal, part: 9803843480, £29.09
(5) EGR Valve, part: 9833095880, £405.56
(8) Gas Circulation Module Seal, part: 9804276280, £17.46

Note Seals (2) & (3) are part of the Tube (1), but I've included them separately in case you didn't want the tube.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
Tom309
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Nov 2020, 20:41
x 13

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by Tom309 »

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the part numbers.
I don't know if you know, but
"The engine ECU does the EGR 'anti-stick' routine every time the engine is switched off just so you're aware."
- Does the ECU also monitor the position/health of the EGR valve, i.e. would it show if the valve was faulty?
I'm asking the question as the valve at the moment is not shown as faulty and the only thing showing during the actuator test was the “EGR circuit permeability fault”, i.e. do I have a blockage somewhere and the valve is ok. Note I have just just taken the EGR pipe (1) off and it is not blocked, but does have significant oily/soot build up around the non-egr valve end. I haven't removed the valve yet as I'll have to drain the engine coolant as it seems to be water cooled and wondering if I should look for blockage in the pipe on the back of the throttle body first.
I have yet to check further as the rain is back on :(
Any advice would be appreciated :)
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

The engine ECU manages the EGR valve position opening of course, and will know if there is an issue with it not moving or if it is stuck in any position. It obviously can't tell you about the gunk that has built up - only if it is sticking or if there is am electrical fault.

If you have a specific fault code for the "EGR circuit permeability fault" let me have it so I can look at that.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc
Tom309
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Nov 2020, 20:41
x 13

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by Tom309 »

Sorry, no fault code - it was from Diagbox engine management actuator test “Test of the Air Intake Circuit”. It only shows the result as "EGR circuit permeability fault".
Thanks again.
royalram16
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Feb 2025, 20:56

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6 hdi

Unread post by royalram16 »

Hi guys, hope to get someone's help on this

I'm getting these codes but there is not check engine light on the dash everything works fine should I be concerned

B1808 Fault In The Unlocking Of The Immobiliser By The Engine Management ECU
U1802 Vehicle Speed Data Fault
U1F6A Absence Of Communication With The On-board Network Voltage Maintaining Unit
B1602 Main Relay Status Fault
B1624 Supplies Protection And Management Unit: Central Power Switch Positive Relay Status Fault
B162C Accessories Positive Relay Control And Status Not Coherent
B1716 Lack Of Coherence Between The Vehicle Locking Status And The Locking Status Of The Front Left Door Lock
B1816 Loss Of The Hybrid Drive Train Status Information Or Of The Starting Authorisation Information From The EngineManagement ECU
U1809 Oil Temperature Information Fault
B132F Air Conditioning High Pressure Information Fault
B1003 Configuration Fault Permanent
U1F3C No Communication With The Diesel Additive Pump
U1F2E No Communication With Engine ECU
U1F32 Fault Of Absence Of Communication With The Driver''s Door Control Panel
PaulC5
Donor 2024
Posts: 2609
Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 15:26
x 681

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by PaulC5 »

Do they come back after deleting them ?
royalram16
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Feb 2025, 20:56

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6 hdi

Unread post by royalram16 »

yes
Online
User avatar
Paul-R
Moderating Team
Posts: 9335
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 1942

Re: Peugeot 308(t9) 1.6bluehdi P00BC error

Unread post by Paul-R »

All of them? Wow, that's a lot.

B1003 is probably a phantom fault.

How old is the battery? Has it been replaced in the last four or so years? If it has been replaced, did you follow the SI reset rule for battery disconnection and reconnection?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson