Knocking from front

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peggy207
My Cars: Peugeot 207 vti sports auto 120

Knocking from front

Post by Peggy207 »

Good morning all,I recently had a front driver's side coil spring replaced at my local garage but now when I drive I hear a rather loud knocking noise coming from which seems like driver's side,I am a bit concerned that it could be either track rod end or ball joint,I am at a loss to why it's doing this,my question is would it still be safe to drive as I need it to get to work. Many thanks
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Knocking from front

Post by myglaren »

Difficult to say how safe or not it might be. Drop links can rattle for a while without much impact but (there's always a but) my daughter found her steering difficult one morning recently. She did continue to work and called her mechanic out who said she was lucky to have got there as the steering ball joint was disintegrating.
Have it checked as soon as you are able.

I have had a catastrophic failure with a Citroen GS where a bolt sheared and the front wheel collapsed and pulled the driveshaft out of the gearbox,on a busy roundabout of course. Then several years later a similar thing on a really busy roundabout with a Renault 11.
Peggy207
My Cars: Peugeot 207 vti sports auto 120

Re: Knocking from front

Post by Peggy207 »

Thank you for reply in garage now as I speak hopefully nothing to bad as just spent £150 on new coil spring 😡