C3 Picasso Central locking/ rear hatch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Berlingoboy1

C3 Picasso Central locking/ rear hatch

Post by Berlingoboy1 »

Hi, I have a 2009 C3 Picasso and the central locking is playing up, it will not work when the weather is cold or wet, I have tried the spare keys and no difference.
Also the rear hatch opens when I open any of the doors, I have to get out to shut it if I stop for a passenger which is obviously annoying. Any help will be appreciated thanks

rogerc5

Re: C3 Picasso Central locking/ rear hatch

Post by rogerc5 »

Hi There,
In the Citroen car club mag of Sept 2020 a member had issues with water being trapped inside the doors.
The drain holes under the doors were blocked off by the factory and when released a positive waterfall ensued.
It mat be worth checking, even if it doesn't resolve your current issue.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Berlingoboy1 wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 12:26
Hi, I have a 2009 C3 Picasso and the central locking is playing up, it will not work when the weather is cold or wet, I have tried the spare keys and no difference.
Also the rear hatch opens when I open any of the doors, I have to get out to shut it if I stop for a passenger which is obviously annoying. Any help will be appreciated thanks
You've likely an electrical short or other electrical issue. First, have you connected an aftermarket radio / head unit or any other equipment to the vehicle?

If not then a proper diagnosis is needed with Lexia to try and identify the fault, then we might be able to help.

Berlingoboy1

Post by Berlingoboy1 »

Thanks for your replies, yes I have got water trapped in one of the doors, i'll have a go at getting it out to see if that makes a difference