Citroen Picasso 2.0litre diesol ,wipers indicators not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alotmentman

Citroen Picasso 2.0litre diesol ,wipers indicators not working

Post by alotmentman »

Hi there my Citroen Picasso diesol 20.litre ,wipers stopped working indicators and hazard lights the radio as well .I've tried checking fuses they are all ok I've even swapped the bid and ecu and ignition barrel out my other car the engine starts up fine yet the wipers ,indicators and radio I terror light don't work first it was the indicators that went then day after the wipers and rest ,,please help thanks for any suggestions and tell ya
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Citroen Picasso 2.0litre diesol ,wipers indicators not working

Post by wheeler »

Are we talking about a Xsara Picasso, a C4 Picasso or a C3 Picasso here? An what year is it?
Theres a good chance that the coms unit (indicator & wiper switch assembly) has failed, especially if its a Xsara Picasso.
alotmentman

Post by alotmentman »

Hi there thanks for reply it's a Citroen Picasso 2002 xsarad this model hasent got the comm unit on the steering wheel were would I find the control unit do that operates the indicators, radio,etc I've swapped all being ecu unit and ignition barrel to see if fault on any of those but still same i got a donur car they work on that one thanks
alotmentman

Post by alotmentman »

Citroen Picasso xsara 2.0 litre diesol 2002 model thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The BSI is in charge of the wipers & indicators. Its the control unit behind the panel by the drivers right knee. This unit is a matched set with the engine ECU & the chip in the key so if using second hand you need all 3 bits or the engine won’t start. It also stores the mileage so if you fit a unit with a higher mileage it will permanently write the higher mileage to your car.