C5 mk1 front caliper mount

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

C5 mk1 front caliper mount

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Hi All,
Had some front brake binding issues where one of the calipers' handbrake mech had gotten sticky ( happened before when the pads get low)
I'm just swapping the caliper for a re-furb'd one, and am cleaning up all the mountings etc. The cylinder part of the caliper (the part that comes off for pad changes) has two bolts which fix into the sliding spindles.
Now, if you're still with me, my question concerns these two spindles - one has a plastic insert (that I'll replace) - now does it matter if this spindle with the insert is fitted top or bottom?
I don't think that it does matter but I'd like to check. Haven't seen any diagrams showing it, so far & nothing in Haynes. Different to the X7 btw.
Cheers
Mark
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 mk1 front caliper mount

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't help you with regarding this issue, as the Caliper Cylinder is sold as a separate part, as is the yoke, but the internals of the cylinder are not shown.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: C5 mk1 front caliper mount

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Hi Mark,
Never mind but thanks for looking!
I haven't found any more on it, so I'm guessing its not too important. Did the other side yesterday and paid a little more attention to what I was doing - the slider with the sleeve came from the lower fitting. I've done this countless times & would have just put back as found previously.
No hurry atm, so thought that this would have been useful to post as a future reference.
Cheers,
Mark
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.