Auxiliary fuel line on dispatch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RossC
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch L2H1, 2.0 HDi

Auxiliary fuel line on dispatch

Post by RossC »

I'm fitting a diesel heater into my Citroen dispatch 2014 and wondering if the picture below is an auxiliary fuel line which would save me dropping the tank to put the diesel heater fuel line in.
fuel_line.jpg
The capped pipe is sitting just above the tank.

The schematic from Citroen doesn't seem to help much, unless it is part 10 but I think that may be an electrical connector.
fuel_tank_schematic.png
Thanks all!
tmead
Donor 2023
My Cars: Currently own:
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

Re: Auxiliary fuel line on dispatch

Post by tmead »

Hi !
I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if you got this sorted out ? I'm doing the same thing !

Where did you fit your heater ? I've fitted a swivel to the left side seat, so am looking at fitting under the driver seat with some minor adjustment to the seat base frame.
tmead
Donor 2023
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

Post by tmead »

Sorry, I missed this !
I also have a swivel under the left seat, so fitted it under the right one. It has to be pretty much central left to right, and pointing straight frint to back. That way the holes miss the chassis rail underneath and the exhaust heat shield.

I dropped the tank and made a hole through the top of the sender unit. That's a right pain. Today I found that there's a t piece for vivaro vans that fits the diesel line qui k connects and has a barb off the side.
Screenshot_20230925_184235_Chrome.jpg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385401300022
That would probably have been so much easier! I'm hoping I don't need to do this again, but if I do I'll be spending 7 quid on one of those !
tmead
Donor 2023
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

Post by tmead »

The other recommendation I had (after i bought my 5Kw unit) was the physically smaller 2 Kw heater should be adequate. The 5 Kw that is more common is probably overkill,and more difficult to fit because it's bigger !
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

As a side note i have replaced in tank fuel pumps on diesel PSA cars & sometimes when the new (dealer part) comes it has a capped off outlet in the top of the sender unit for the auxiliary Webasto heaters.
tmead
Donor 2023
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

Post by tmead »

The Expert/Dispatch 2 litre diesel in tank unit is a guage/sender only - no pump, and doesnt have any capped or extra outlets. I hoped it may have, but there's nothing there.
TheFlorisLava
My Cars: Citroën Dispatch 2L HDi 2012 125HP L2H1

Post by TheFlorisLava »

Hi,

Joining in this threat because it fits my questions.

I want to install a diesel heater (2kw Vevor) in my 2012 Citroen Dispatch / Citroen Jumpy 2L HDi with an auxiliary fuel line from the fuel tank. I'll put it under the passenger bench.

Q1: @tmead does that Diesel Heater Return Fuel Line T-piece fit the Citroen Dispatch fuel lines?

Q2: Can I access the fuel gauge / fuel sender from within my van, or do I have to drop the tank for that?

Thanks!

- Floris
tmead
Donor 2023
308 1.6 HDi 90
Toyota Aygo
Toyota proace
208 1.2 Allure

Post by tmead »

I dropped the tank and drilled a new hole through the top of the sender jnjt to fit the pickup. Theres no access through the floor.

I don't know if the tap off piece I was told about would fit, but it's only a few quid, so if I had to do the job again I'd get one and try it. Thatvwoukd be way simpler than dropping the tank. Even with less than a 1/4 left nits still really heavy and awkward to maneuver.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

tmead wrote: 03 Oct 2023, 13:53 The Expert/Dispatch 2 litre diesel in tank unit is a guage/sender only - no pump, and doesnt have any capped or extra outlets. I hoped it may have, but there's nothing there.
Just to be clear i've never seen the capped outlet on the original fuel pump fitted to the car, i was saying that when i have replaced them in the past with a new dealer part the new pump/sender unit has come with a capped off outlet. Almost like they supply the same part now regardless if it has a factory aux heater or not to save on stocking 2 different parts as the one with the extra outlet can do both.