Turbo Pressure Solenoid Valve FOR Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bnd
My Cars: Various types

Turbo Pressure Solenoid Valve FOR Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Post by bnd »

I have a 2010 clio 1.5 dci that requires a Turbo Pressure Solenoid Valve

Does any one know where this unit is situated on the car?
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-03-05-12-12-08-1.png
bnd

Re: Turbo Pressure Solenoid Valve FOR Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Post by bnd »

Sorted it out........problem was when putting your foot down to climb a hill or overtake the Turbo would drop out, the car would loose power and the service light would illuminate along with a dash message "check injection "

The Turbo pressure solenoide has a rubber diaphragm in it that can perforate or split with wear. It works on air suction from the intake manifold and if it fails it basically stops sending a variable voltage signal to the ecu. The car does not stop revving fully or go into limp mode if this solenoide fails, it just does not pull as hard or accelerate as quickly as it should.

The Solenoide is situated on a metal bracket just to the left of the cooling fan and coolant expansion tank. About half way down the radiator and air conditioning radiator in the middle. It's a simple job to do. 2 rubber tubes and a 2 wire connector to disconnect and reconnect to the new unit. The Solenoide is rubber mounted. It just pulls upwards and slides of the metal bracket it's mounted on.

Hope this helps someone.
Attachments
IMG_20210606_124903.jpg
Comanr
New User
My Cars: 1.5 K9K 789 --> Tiida

Post by Comanr »

Hello, just made an account to say this : Thank you ! it helps !
Just received my new turbo solenoid valve, i had an red engine check light intermittent error , only when pushing hard on the engine
bnd

Post by bnd »

That's fantastic. It just shows that if people share their problem AND FIXES we can all save money and frustration. Take care.