Citroen C3 heating fan

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hew
New User
My Cars: Citroen C3 2010

Citroen C3 heating fan

Post by Hew »

Hi all

First time poster here. I tried to search but couldn't find anything but may have searched badly.

I have a 2010 Citroen c3 and the heating fan doesn't seem to work. The vent in the drivers footwell has a small amount of heat coming out of it.

It doesn't matter what speed it's set on or auto. I have recently had a full service and it seems to coincide with that. Could something have been disconnected?

This car is hemorrhaging money and would love this to be an easy fix I could do.

Thanks in advance for your help
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 05 Mar 2021, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected 'Citroen' to aid searching
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Re: Citroen C3 heating fan

Post by quintet »

Hello & welcome to the forum. The search facility can be a little hit and miss. If your car has been serviced i think it unlikely anything will have been disconnected, the only things i can think of off the top of my head service wise is, has the pollen filter been changed? a dirty one will restrict the airflow but this will have been ongoing from before the service, or did you have the coolant/antifreeze changed? If so it may be airlocked.
However i think it more likely the heater motor resistor has packed up, have a look through this FCF thread. viewtopic.php?t=30102
Last edited by quintet on 06 Mar 2021, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Music keeps me going.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Citroen C3 heating fan

Post by Paul-R »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Hew wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 21:24I have a 2010 Citroen c3 and the heating fan doesn't seem to work. The vent in the drivers footwell has a small amount of heat coming out of it.

It doesn't matter what speed it's set on or auto.
Can you clarify what you mean by this? Is the fan running at all and, if so, what sort of speed? Does the driver's footwell vent blast out air but it's not very hot or is it quite hot but only coming out in a trickle?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​