Bought a Peugeot 407 as my first car

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

FlorianPaun

Bought a Peugeot 407 as my first car

Post by FlorianPaun »

I just bought a 2007 Peugeot 407 1.6 HDi with 160.000km as my first car. I love how the car looks, how it drives and how comfortable it is and so I´d like to keep it running well. It has a couple of problems and I wanted to ask if any of them need urgent care.

1. EGR Valve stuck open, code P1462 (I took it to a mechanic before buying it and he printed me this and a couple of other codes which all have to do with the EGR Valve). So far the car has gone once into limp mode for 2-3 seconds on the highway while I was accelerating in 5th gear and showed the message "depollution system faulty).

2. There seems to be a small oil leak on the top of the engine. I read some posts about it maybe coming from one of the injectors/ injector seals. How bad would this be? I dont see any oil drops under the car.

Other than that the car seems to be fine. It always starts on the first key and I get the CHECK OK light.

And I also wanted to ask how to find out if the car has FAP?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Bought a Peugeot 407 as my first car

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It is very likely to have DPF (FAP) on the car for this vehicle, but if you post up your VIN I can double check for you. I can also determine the engine you have which in turn may indicate whether you have the other know oil issues.

FlorianPaun

Re: Bought a Peugeot 407 as my first car

Post by FlorianPaun »

Thanks for offering to help. The VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]