C4 Diesel Adblue Tank

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

joecrow

C4 Diesel Adblue Tank

Post by joecrow »

I need to buy another AdBlue tank for my C4. I have contacted the main agents who have quoted me a price of £955 plus vat. This seems to be extorionate to the nth degree. If you look at the item you might guess at £100/£150, but £1200 is just taking the pi--. Does anyone have any similar expieriences? Some do appear on ebay secondhand but it is difficult to find the exact model.

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Re: C4 Diesel Adblue Tank

Post by Paul-R »

I had to replace the Adblue tank on our 2015 308 and found I could buy it much cheaper from a seller in Germany/Poland on Ebay than anywhere in the UK. It's all detailed here viewtopic.php?t=66320

Did you get the part number from the dealer? Given the similar ages of our cars they may have the same underpinnings and therefore the same tank and you could compare it with mine.

One caveat. This was prior to final Brexit and you may find you have to pay duty and VAT now. OTOH, you may be able to get the part despatched without EU VAT.

admiral51
Donor 2019

Post by admiral51 »

Can i ask why you need to replace it, or more to the point what you have been told as to why you need to replace it.
Not an expert in any way but it does seem a little bit OTT

****Edit Having seen the link above and read through it it seems that it is not the tank itself but the pump etc that comes as a bundle so worth shopping around.
Colin

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

A further thought. When in 2016 was the C4 registered? I wonder if it might be eligible for guided support? If it's up to 5 years/90,000 miles then they might agree to pay for some or all of your problem - whatever that might be.

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

I did a quick search at the same seller as my tank came from for C4 Adblue tank. Are either of the two results the same as yours? I suspect the more expensive one will be the answer!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw ... 4&_sacat=0

I haven't done a more general search with other vendors and, in any case, I would search by part number.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

joecrow wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 18:56
I need to buy another AdBlue tank for my C4. I have contacted the main agents who have quoted me a price of £955 plus vat. This seems to be extorionate to the nth degree. If you look at the item you might guess at £100/£150, but £1200 is just taking the pi--. Does anyone have any similar expieriences? Some do appear on ebay secondhand but it is difficult to find the exact model.
The pumps are not available separately - the reason why the tank is so expensive is that all the components are inside and it's a sealed unit. So there will be heaters, the pump, the electronics and everything else.

But if you are sure it is the pump / tank assembly then that is the correct official cost of these. As we don't know the background, I'm assuming you have already had it properly diagnosed to confirm it is the pump / tank assembly and not the NOx sensor that is faulty?

It may be helpful to pop your VIN up so I can check if there is an outstanding after sales campaign for you.

joecrow

Post by joecrow »

Hi Guys Thanks for all your useful replies. The car is going into the garage next week so I should know more by then Thanks all

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, best of luck, do let us know the outcome.

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

Yes, please keep us informed.

What is the problem? Or, at least, the symptom?

Don't forget to ask them about "Guided Support".

joecrow

Post by joecrow »

To Paul R
Hi Paul, very intersting in your ADBlue tank experiences. Could you give me the contact details of the Polish suppliier that you used please?
Thanks a lot Roger

joecrow

Post by joecrow »

To Givemeabreak
My VIN number is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Thanks
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 22 Feb 2021, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected VIN

Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

It's towards the end of the thread I posted the link to. It's the same place as for the C4 tanks in the link 8 posts above.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

joecrow wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 18:38
To Givemeabreak
My VIN number is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Thanks
You had a T for the third character and it should be a 7 - which I've edited your post now - just for future reference.

Ok, so no outstanding after sales campaigns listed. I checked the tank price and £1006.09 retail inc. VAT for reference. It comes with the Heat Shield, Drain Cap, Main Cap, Seals and spacers and the Urea harness.

joecrow

Post by joecrow »

Hi Marc,
Thanks for your help and yes it should be a T not a 7.

SophiaSullivan76

Post by SophiaSullivan76 »

That's one of many reasons why I dislike these solutions for making the cars 'eco-friendly'. It makes the cars even more complex and the cost is entirely on the user to maintain and fix it (more like replacing it). Is there any way to avoid having the adblue?