Front Heater Blower Not working C4 Grand

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David56
My Cars: Grand C4 Picasso 2013 - not the newer shape

Front Heater Blower Not working C4 Grand

Post by David56 »

Hello there hoping somebody could help have a real big problem with the front blower not working on my Grand Picasso C4 2013.
I have confirmed the following
- the motor blower still spins if I connect 12 volts directly to it
- the drain holes under the front wheels are not blocked
- I have checked voltage going into an out of resistor and it seems fine but I have ordered a replacement – the volage lead to the motor shows over 12v and when plugged into the motor / resistor there is 12 volts coming out towards the blower plug

there is some talk of a fuse / relay being blown in the main panel the fuse box in the engine bay – and its needs a jumper - please advice how I would do this apparently there is a Oval connector that needs to be bridged but not sure if I bridge the connector itself or if I bridge the two prongs on the fuse board and leave the connector unplugged.
please advise as car is basically not usable due to the windows misting up and I'm not able to demist them or put on any heaters any help will be appreciated Many thanks
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Front Heater Blower Not working C4 Grand

Post by RichardW »

If you've got 12V at the blower, then it seems unlikely it is the fuse or power supply at the fuse box - although is still 12V when under load?? Try the new resistor / controller and see what happens.
Richard W
David56
My Cars: Grand C4 Picasso 2013 - not the newer shape

Re: Front Heater Blower Not working C4 Grand

Post by David56 »

Hi richard got the new resisitor and tried it and it all worked great - thanks for the reply - can finallly drive the car again as the windows use to mist up and no way to clear them without the blower