Citroen Xsara 2 radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jbyt23
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Phase 2
Citroen ZX

Citroen Xsara 2 radio

Post by jbyt23 »

HI,
Does anyone know the steps for installing an aftermarket radio on a citroen Xsara phase 2, 1.4i, year 2005? i have radio control on steering wheel, but i dont mind if it does not work with new radio. Is is straightforward ?

thanks
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Citroen Xsara 2 radio

Post by CitroJim »

You may well need a Citroen to ISO standard wiring adaptor to connect the power and speakers to the new radio...

Most, if not all, current after-market radios use the standard ISO connectors. Adaptors for a wide range of cars, including Citroen, are widely available...

Using an adaptor is much better than cutting and joining wires to to the ISO connectors supplied with the new radio and will allow the refitting of the original radio at some point in the future if so desired...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Citroen Xsara 2 radio

Post by wheeler »

As above dont butcher any original wiring.
The Xsara has an ISO type connector but that doesent mean you can just plug an aftermarket radio straight in.
There wont be a true ignition live either so you will need to run one from the cig lighter. With the exeption of the speakers ther should only be 3 wires from the car connected to the new radio, Battery live, ignition live & earth.