Citroen relay van drivers window stopped working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

seaneylad
My Cars: relay van - 1st french car well van

Citroen relay van drivers window stopped working

Post by seaneylad »

Hello - 1st french vehicle and of couse 1st fault is electrics haha.

Done some research online and facebook to try find a fix

Citroen relay 2.2 2013 plate

Passenger window goes down no issue with switch on that side
Driver side switch wont bring down drivers or passenegers, so i thought fuse or switch. Changed fuse and checked, and have tried 2x 2nd hand oem switchs and 2x chinese copy switches of ebay and same issue.

Can here relay clicking when both buttons pressed but nothing else. Checked loom from van to door and nothing has rubbed through.

not sure what to check next? cant see it being a motor in drivers door etc, as passenger window works but wont go down from drivers side switches :(

Thanks Sean
williamg15
My Cars: Citroen Relay
Citroen c5 estate

Re: Citroen relay van drivers window stopped working

Post by williamg15 »

Hi Sean,

Having the same issue on my 142 Citroen Relay van. Did you manage to fix yours in the end?

William
roffbutts
My Cars: Citroen Relay

Post by roffbutts »

I had the same issue described above.

Citroen Relay 2014 plate face lifted version.

Passenger window worked fine from the passenger switch but not from the drivers switch. Drivers windows didn't work at all.

I could the hear the relays do a double click when either switch was pressed but the windows didn't move. Checked fuses, took off the door card to check the loom etc but couldn't find anything wrong.

I ended up spraying GT85 (WD40 or similar would work as well) around the windows seals on the outside and leaving overnight. The next morning the windows worked fine.

I gave both seals a clean and another douse of GT85 until the windows were running smooth.

I can only guess that an accumulation of crud was causing the seal to bind on the glass making the motor to pull too much current when trying to lower the window. This in turn caused the over current protection to kick in cutting power to the motor and preventing the windows from operating (or the motor burning out). It would explain the second click on the relay when the switch was pressed.

Hope this helps although I realise both posters may have fixed the issue by now :-D

Rich.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I had a very similar problem with my 2012 relay. It ended up being a broken wire in the loom between the door and the van, inside the rubber protector you see when the door is open. Patched in a piece of wire and it's ok now
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2