306 accelerator

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

306 accelerator

Post by froggy »

Hi, my wife"s 306 meridian, the accelerator keeps revving after my wife takes her foot of the pedal, it seems to be sticking , somewhere, any ideas anyone, cheers Terry.
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 306 accelerator

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Terry, Good to her from you :D That's troublesome...

Can you tell us what engine the 306 has please? That'll help us a bit to offer some reasonable quality advice...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
froggy
Donor 2023

Post by froggy »

Hi Jim, ditto ! its a 1,4 petrol,
Terry
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I can't remember now if the 1.4 petrol is a 'fly by wire' or the throttle pedal operates the throttle butterfly directly via a Bowden cable... In any case, there ill be a Bowden cable from the pedal to either the throttle body or the throttle pot which tells the Injection ECU the throttle pedal position...

It could be something as simple a mat or carpet in the footwell fouling the pedal and not allowing it to return fully and easily...

Wherever the throttle Bowden cable terminates there will be a return spring arrangement to ensure the pot or butterfly promptly returns to the idle position when the the foot is lifted from the pedal...

The cable may be kinked somewhere in its run and is sticking...

The throttle butterfly itself may be sticking on its shaft in the throttle body...

Finally, it may not be mechanical in nature at all but rather a sticky idle control valve on the throttle body...

If all mechanical aspects seem OK, I'd be inclined to remove the idle control valve and give it a good clean with carb cleaner...

I may be able to shed some more light if the throttle/injection system is similar to that on the 1.4 Pug 206/207 as I sill have the the BoLs for those vehicles but I'll need to dig them out of storage...

Hope that helps a little Terry...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
froggy
Donor 2023

Post by froggy »

cheers Jim, will let you know what I find. Terry.
Terry
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC