turbo

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john321plo

turbo

Post by john321plo »

i have the 308 1.6 s hdi in diesel 2009 , turbo seems to be long time kicking in or it is loeseing power as i and changing gear up hill
feels like the car is strugeling for power .
took a look under the bonet today and seen that there was oil on the top of the actuator and some oil coming from the bottom or underneath of it so at a loss here can this be the problem ,and the turbo is new as i had it replaced 5 months back
i have put a pic up of where the oil is coming from marked with the white arrow but ignor the the red ones
Attachments
InkedFotos-de-Turbo-gt-1544v-Psa110cv_438931365_1_LI.jpg

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: turbo

Post by GiveMeABreak »

See my post here on a possible cause of oil starvation at the turbo:

viewtopic.php?p=650153#p650153

Was the banjo bolt strainer removed, changed or checked when the turbo was replaced? If your engine is suffering the same as a lot of these 1.6 engines, that have not had 6,000 mile oil changes, then the oil may be blocked from getting to the turbo.

john321plo

Re: turbo

Post by john321plo »

i thanks for the reply on this ,
as you asked as the banjo bolt strained or removed i do not realy know as for when the turbo was replaced the old one had blown and this is why i had a new one put in but as for the work i do not know much on it ,but i do know that the person did not do a new oil change on the car
i had to do this myself which i done the week after i found out they did not do it
so can this be one of the problems as from what i think they they did not do the job right and they charged me 400 quid
but as i say i do not know alot about the change of the turbo