Trying to keep an aged C8 alive - First time with Lexia Diag!

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

aea_s

Re: Trying to keep an aged C8 alive - First time with Lexia Diag!

Post by aea_s »

Good shout, I will do this! Thank you James.
Thankfully the silicone seal round the connector had fended off most of the crud - and the contacts should have remained fairly dry.
I'm just glad for the faster warm-ups on cold mornings ;-)
Andrew/Drew
2013 Nissan Leaf
2008 Electric Vectrix (2 wheels!)
2006 C8 Exclusive
1994 BMW F650
1964 SIIA SWB 2.25D Landy - cherished but used
1953 Ferguson TE207
Making tin cans;
2003 Renault RX4
1999 Xsara 1.9 D LX
1998 Xsara 1.9 TD Exclusive 260k miles
aea_s

Re: Trying to keep an aged C8 alive - First time with Lexia Diag!

Post by aea_s »

Managed to finally fix the 'Turbo Pressure Fault' on our C8 2.2hdi. After extensive searching for the problem, it turned out to be because the turbo waste gate valve actuator shares a vacuum line (and pump) with the swirl flap actuator. The swirl valve actuator had a leaky diaphragm, possibly due to its age - and this was not allowing the vacuum to pull down fully. The P0245 code was as a result of the turbo over-pressurising at low engine rpm and low load (a fault that was quite repeatable!) due to not having enough vacuum to operate the turbo waste gate correctly. Effectively, the turbo was allowed to boost too much - just as the intake pressure values were suggesting. Hence I thought this was a turbo fault. Nope!..

Disconnecting the swirl flap actuator and temporarily blocking the shared vacuum hose that ran to it meant that the vacuum pump could then draw a vacuum correctly in the line and hence the turbo waste gate actuator then operates as it should.

For completeness, the swirl valve actuator is Citroen part 036394 and is now rarer than hens teeth. I can't find stock of any replacements anywhere in the UK or Europe! So, we are driving without swirl flaps being actuated at the moment. Thankfully, they don't seem to have a huge effect on performance and it also doesn't seem to upset the engine management system.

Hurrah!

Thanks to earlier contributors. Hopefully my eventual feedback will be useful to someone running another aging C8 or 807!

Andrew

aea_s wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 10:55 Hi All,

I appreciate my first message was rather long and didn't work quite right to start with! Thanks to Marc and James for the pointers :-)

The issues I'd like to understand to start with are the fault codes for the injection section of the BSI report in Lexia - this section;

These codes - bold items of particular interest;

P1521 - Clutch switch signal
P1607 - Accelerator pedal stiff point signal
P1404 - 2 additional heating and preheating circuit
P1435 - Fuel additive system
P0100 - Fault flowmeter signal - think I may have cured this one by cleaning the MAF on the intake, it was lightly contaminated with engine oil residue
P0245 - Turbo pressure fault

Is there a manual for these codes that can be referenced somewhere? I've had a bit of a look but can't find anything specific to Citroen.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
Andrew/Drew
2013 Nissan Leaf
2008 Electric Vectrix (2 wheels!)
2006 C8 Exclusive
1994 BMW F650
1964 SIIA SWB 2.25D Landy - cherished but used
1953 Ferguson TE207
Making tin cans;
2003 Renault RX4
1999 Xsara 1.9 D LX