Gear box

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rahat razzaq
My Cars: Renault Grand Scenic 2011 diesel

Gear box

Post by Rahat razzaq »

Hi everyone I really need help..today my grand scenic diesel 2011 has been break down .I went throw the puddle while I was in puddle car start jurking and tomany sign came up on dash board (esp off,engin hazard failure, check gear box,injection fault )after few minutes I able to start car and came out from puddle and call AA.when AA came he put the feet on accelerater and tomuch white smoke diesel smell came from exhaust pipe .AA did diagnost and I been told that because I went throw puddle that's why tomany sign comes up on dash board also sign check gear box could be water went in ECU gear box..after 5mins smoke gone and I come back home..so after 30 mins I start car i put in DRIVE gear car drive forward OK but when I put in reverse gear car won't going reverse also on first gear car struggling to go forward and struggling to go in 2nd gear And sign kept coming check gear box...any suggestions please why car struggling to go forward and struggling to go in 2nd gear and when I put car in reverse gear why car doesn't go reverse... :?
Rahat razzaq

Re: Gear box

Post by Rahat razzaq »

?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think you already have the answer from the AA! You have got water in one or more ECUs and this is affecting the car. You obviously have some damage - as to whether the car will recover once it has dried out I can't say. Lesson - don't drive through high water levels.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Rahat razzaq

Post by Rahat razzaq »

Any suggestions please even garage mechanic don't understand what's wrong with car after puddle.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well water and electrics don't mix. I don't know how deep the water was that you went through, but even a small amount of water can cause damage if driven through fast enough from the splashing. All it takes is for water to enter an electrical plug and the water can cause a short circuit or worse.

The first thing to do is check the electrical connections in the engine bay one by one. You need to check if water has gotten inside any of these and if so, dry them out and use some electrical contact cleaner (not standard WD40 unless WD40 Electrical contact cleaner), or some di-electric grease.

Sometimes with things like this it may just take some time for the water to evaporate.

But before your remove electrical connectors or clean them, I strongly suggest you disconnect the car battery first to prevent further shorts or damage.

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc