206 CC Starter Motor Location

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
grabrail
Posts: 11
Joined: 14 Nov 2020, 16:36

206 CC Starter Motor Location

Unread post by grabrail »

Hi

Can someone tell me on the pic attached (not my pic, just using for reference). where the starter motor should be located please.

My problem, car was sat for a couple of weeks, in freezing, snowy and icy conditions. tried to start car and was very low power and cranking really slow, basically drained battery.

Took battery of, charged it, put it back in, now when turning ignition, I just get a single click. Doesn't even attempt to crank. connect my van via jump leads, still the same

Ive had it suggested to me that tapping the starter solenoid may help, so I thought I would have a look, but I can't seem to find the starter motor at all. not sure where it is.

I've also tried putting in gear and rocking the car back and forwards as per another suggestion, but this hasn't done anything

Cheers

Image
wheeler
Posts: 7927
Joined: 21 Sep 2002, 19:07
x 1056

Re: 206 CC Starter Motor Location

Unread post by wheeler »

Just behind here
Attachments
starter.jpg
grabrail
Posts: 11
Joined: 14 Nov 2020, 16:36

Re: 206 CC Starter Motor Location

Unread post by grabrail »

Thank you
User avatar
Huskyxantia
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 3890
Joined: 30 Jul 2018, 22:11
x 906

Re: 206 CC Starter Motor Location

Unread post by Huskyxantia »

pain to get to aswell
Husky. :? Thinking outside of the box is better than sitting in a dark one.
:-D
User avatar
Huskyxantia
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 3890
Joined: 30 Jul 2018, 22:11
x 906

Re: 206 CC Starter Motor Location

Unread post by Huskyxantia »

I've a 1.6hdi anyone know the coolant and vacuum pipe locations
Husky. :? Thinking outside of the box is better than sitting in a dark one.
:-D
User avatar
Huskyxantia
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 3890
Joined: 30 Jul 2018, 22:11
x 906

Re: 206 CC Starter Motor Location

Unread post by Huskyxantia »

Found em
Husky. :? Thinking outside of the box is better than sitting in a dark one.
:-D