Citroen C15 Van

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Triumph66
My Cars: Citroen Picasso
Citroen Dispatch
Fiat Panda
Morris 1000 van

Citroen C15 Van

Post by Triumph66 »

Hello,

I am very seriously considering about buying a Citroen C15 van as a daily driver to eventually replace my Citroen Dispatch van when the lease ends in September 21. I have a few questions to ask on this forum. Are parts generally easy to get? How good are they for reliability? Is there one for sale within this group? I do like my '69 plate Dispatch but there's too much electrickery on them and I just like simple motoring and I think the C15 would float my boat. Any help or advice are warmly received.

Cheers
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Citroen C15 Van

Post by wheeler »

If you like simple motoring you wont get much simpler than this. If you have never driven one before though just be prepared for the near heart attack when you try the brakes for the first time if you have been driving a 69 plate Dispatch. They have the worst brakes on any vehicle I have ever driven.
Triumph66
Citroen Dispatch
Fiat Panda
Morris 1000 van

Post by Triumph66 »

wheeler wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 18:07 If you like simple motoring you wont get much simpler than this. If you have never driven one before though just be prepared for the near heart attack when you try the brakes for the first time if you have been driving a 69 plate Dispatch. They have the worst brakes on any vehicle I have ever driven.
Thanks. I have a Morris 1000 van so I am use to using old brakes! :mrgreen:
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

never had one, but they'll have one of the Turbo Diesel engines which found lots of different homes in various vehicles, including cars, vans and motorhomes and I'm sure there'll be enough of these remaining for some time to come yet for parts supply to not be a problem

they'll be capable or racking up serious mileages too, without issue

Do check carefully for rot, the newest of them will be getting on for 20 years old

Will be curious what the ride quality's like, having the 2CV as an ancestor (IIRC) I would expect it to be very good
Puxa
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You could still buy a brand new C15 as late as 2004 with a non turbo DW8 engine.
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

There are hundreds of them in daily use here in Andalucia, mainly white C15D, a sprinkling of silver.
Rust not a problem here, although rear trailing arm bearings finally go creaky.
Chris
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

Do bare in mind most of these do not have power steering, in fact i think i've only ever come across one van with it. One thing to look for is the number plate light not working, the wiring loom was a little prone to failing after years of opening/closing of the doors but it's an easy fix, the view to the rear is not great from the door mirrors either but thats just a personal opinion. A lot came without radios from the factory but then had them fitted at the dealers and that was a basic but serviceable (face off) blaupunkt radio which had a cd player. I like these vans, they are basic and by now they will have seen a lot of action but if you find a well maintained one they're a good van and a bit of a hoot to drive.
Music keeps me going.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

My parents had one (Romahome) that they went all over Europe in. Brakes are a special treat as said - I recall having to stand on them to stop it taking a buyer out for a spin, but they loved it to bits - a reliable workhorse and simple mechanics and electrics.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
rhgb46-35
My Cars: ciroen berlingo multispace mk1
citroen c15d champ van
peugeot 405d estates (3)
renault 4 tl (2)

Post by rhgb46-35 »

I've got one - it's a CHAMP on M plate and has been on SORN for 7 years now. Was intending to fix it but no
place to do work on cars any more due to being in a flat and snooty neighbours round here now.
It must have worthwhile parts for somebody, so rather than scrap it I'd give it to someone who wants to restore it.
It's got roof bars(modified ex Peug405) and full moulded load liner in the back plus small side windows.
It's the 1.9XUD engine but hasn't been started for a couple of years and both sills would need welding.
These little vans could become a 'future classic' - who knows?!
Triumph66
Citroen Dispatch
Fiat Panda
Morris 1000 van

Post by Triumph66 »

rhgb46-35 wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 23:04 I've got one - it's a CHAMP on M plate and has been on SORN for 7 years now. Was intending to fix it but no
place to do work on cars any more due to being in a flat and snooty neighbours round here now.
It must have worthwhile parts for somebody, so rather than scrap it I'd give it to someone who wants to restore it.
It's got roof bars(modified ex Peug405) and full moulded load liner in the back plus small side windows.
It's the 1.9XUD engine but hasn't been started for a couple of years and both sills would need welding.
These little vans could become a 'future classic' - who knows?!
I could be interested in this. Can you message me via this forum with photos etc? Thanks

Thanks for everyone posting above with advice etc; very much appreciated. Thanks
rhgb46-35
citroen c15d champ van
peugeot 405d estates (3)
renault 4 tl (2)

Post by rhgb46-35 »

sorry - afraid i'm a bit of a technophobe and don't yet have a smartphone or suitable camera to take pictures - though have a friend who may be able to do this for me, so could let you know.
not sure how we would then be able to make contact within the forum rules - any suggestions?
thanks for your interest anyway
regards
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You can contact each other via the PM (Personal Message) in the forum. Please don't (for your security) post up phone numbers/email addresses on normal pages, as you may then get 'spammed'.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Triumph66
Citroen Dispatch
Fiat Panda
Morris 1000 van

Post by Triumph66 »

rhgb46-35 wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 21:42 sorry - afraid i'm a bit of a technophobe and don't yet have a smartphone or suitable camera to take pictures - though have a friend who may be able to do this for me, so could let you know.
not sure how we would then be able to make contact within the forum rules - any suggestions?
thanks for your interest anyway
regards
Thanks for getting back. I have sent you a pm the day before. I will do it again now. Thanks
rhgb46-35
citroen c15d champ van
peugeot 405d estates (3)
renault 4 tl (2)

Post by rhgb46-35 »

Again sorry, being new to FCF or a bit stupid - where do I look to read or send a PM?
Cheers, Richard
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Under your username and car details in the left hand column.
At the bottom is a "speech Bubble" with "Contact" under it.
Click that and two buttons drop down - one for PM, one for email.

If you do it in a post from who you wish to contact, it will automatically fill in the address and quote the post.
Otherwise enter the username of whomever it is you wish to contact.
The email option may not work - it is a opt-in choice by individual users and the default is opt-out.