Berlingo Stereo Wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davey
My Cars:

Berlingo Stereo Wiring

Post by davey »

Can anyone help, have berlingo (2000) fitted with standard philips 22rc200 stereo. Trying to sort out some previous messy wiring.
This stereo does things like stay on 30secs after ign off (normal) does anyone know the pin wiring for the ISO power connector. I can figure out the gnd, ign+ & permanant+ but there must be another pin for this '30sec' on control etc. thanks.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Davey,
I don't know but just thinking this through...
Might the 30sec delay be in the unit itself?? It will know the ign is off from the ign feed going dead, and then have the permanent live to power it until it decided to shut down after 30 sec. If it's like the Xsara I've driven the shutdown is a slow fade and that must surely be controlled from within the stereo unit.
David
davey
My Cars:

Post by davey »

Quite possibly dave - but with all things french it also has a body computer which seems to have its finger in most pies!
I seem to remember when removing it 7 of the 8 wires in the ISO power connector were in use and i suspect that i need to connect more than the usual 3 (gnd ign+ &+)- the stereo is going in another motor. Have tried all combos with the positives but it loses its memory on pwr off & asks for code after pwr on.
If anyone does know the pin outs i would be gratefull.
(it aint standard either as the perm+ & ign+ pins are reverse of normal)
Cheers
dave