New xantia project.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia1
My Cars:

New xantia project.

Post by xantia1 »

8 years has past since my Faithfull xantia was scrapped. This week another xantia has tracked me down and landed on my drive.
I came across it on the Facebook xantia page, paid some money and a few days later it arrived on a trailer. It failed the mot recently on rear inner sill corrosion.
Today, albeit in The rain I had the first chance to get a look at it. Got the car in the air and attacked it with the grinder to see what I am up against. The outer sills had been repaired in the past so need cutting out, also to get access to the inner sill sections. Been busy with the CAD and made the inner sill closing panel sections, then realised my sheet metal stock is a little wanting. Will order a couple of sills this week and some sheet metal. Will post more if anyone is interest in progress.
It looks like xantias are getting rare as is interest.. Can't work out why I can't upload photos from my phone..
300,000 mile Xantia 1.9td sx (now scraped)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: New xantia project.

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent! Welcome back to the world of Xantia ownership :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...