Knocking, thumping, banging & noise fixxed!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Knocking, thumping, banging & noise fixxed!!!

Post by Stuart McB »

As you probably know for a couple of weeks or is it months now, I've had this noise, thumping, etc from the front of my ZX TD and the only thing I know it ain't is the gear box. After a short drive and a purchase of some drive shatfs and an engine mount from Andy pritchard (off this site)I have changed the drivers side shaft, bottom ball joint, the lower engine to body mount and I even managed to get some fresh grease into the ball joints on the drop link and have changed the gear box oil. Took for a spin and the car feels like new with no noise what so ever!!!!! hurray it seems fixed, even the wifes happy!!! hurray, hurray. Couple of things, the bottom ball joint didn't feel rough but was as stiff as a board, opened it up and it was full of grease but was realy tight and second, the gear box oil was dark brown with no bits of crap, must have been the original stuff. All now seems quite. So it's thanks to Andy for the cheap drive shafts, and all the pointer from you guys. [:D][:D][:D][:)]