Dpf issue

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jebby80
My Cars: Citroen Ds3
Citroen Ds5

Dpf issue

Post by Jebby80 »

Hi everyone,

Please be kind this is my first post.

I have a Citroen ds5 63 plate dsport 2.0 diesel. Up to now it had been great it’s only covered 50000 miles.

A few weeks ago I got the dreaded dpf warning light so tried to do the regen which cleared the service light, then the next day it went into limp mode with the engine warning light coming on as well as the dpf one. I had it cleaned then had a forced regen done on the computer which cleared everything. It was great for 80 miles then the dpf light came on which I did a regen myself and cleared the service light. The next day it went into limp mode again and I’m back to square one and the computer won’t even do a regen?? Can anyone help me? What could I do next to get these faults gone once and for all? Cheers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Dpf issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

Have you considered that the filter may be at end of life? How many miles has it done?

DPFs have a finite life and although they may be deep cleaned at some stage, they will not last forever as the Cerine particles in the additive fluid cannot be burnt off and these ultimately clog the filter along with other engine deposits.

When the filter is blocked at a certain percentage, then no amount of regeneration will fix it and continued attempts will put wear on your engine components - as forced regeneration is not recommended unless there is no alternative for this reason.

You need to get it on Diagbox and read off the fault codes and post them up here along with your VIN.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Shame seems to have disappeared how many miles will a DS5 last before requiring an additive top up< would have thought (hoped!) it should be nearer 100k rather than 50K
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's a difficult one Tony, as far as the additive goes because they don't fill the additive tanks up at the factory when new. In the case of the DS5 with the DW10CTED4 engine, they only fill the tank with 1.35 litres..... so when the warning for low level does come on, it will probably best to get a 3 litre top up kit and be done with it.

The Euro 5 Emission standards set objectives for the life extension of pollution checking devices to 160k Km (99.4k Miles).

As for the filter clogging warnings, this can come on as a reminder to drive the car for 3 minutes at a speed greater than 50 km, which should clear the message - but this needs to be done within 100kms of the warning, or continued clogging of the filter will occur and trigger the actual filter clogged and further anti pollution messages.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Galinirob
My Cars: 2012 Citroen Dispatch Combi L2H1 HDI 95 1997CC 5DR EST (current)

Citroen GS EST (gone)

Citroen Van AK400 (abandoned in the Sahara Desert on adventure)

Post by Galinirob »

HI, I'm new here and have been scouring threads related to this topic before posting!

I have a Dispatch Combi 2012, 98K on the clock. I had the risk of filter clogging warning and the engine warning light on.

Had it checked out at a citroen dealer and was diagnosed fault P1442- 'additive system level low or adding impossible'.

They recommend to replace the pump and tank at a cost of £672 (kerchang!) However, since then, I drove in 4th gear, over 25000 revs for about 9 miles and ..after leaving van for nearly 5 days, Ive driven it today and no warning light or screen message appears.

Do you think this is the last of it, or will i get another fault reading the same ?

Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated , Thanks
Last edited by Galinirob on 03 Mar 2021, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.