Advice needed re Xantia cyl head rebulid

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andylee
My Cars:

Advice needed re Xantia cyl head rebulid

Post by andylee »

Hi all,
Please can anyone give me some advice regarding changing the valve stem seals and disembling the cyl head on a Xantia 2.0i 16v 95/6.
Recently my cambelt snapped wrecking my head. Instead of getting a recon I elected to take a risk and get a complete salvage head. Looking at the head I received in the post today i've decided that it's well in need of a decoke. I want to lap the valves and fit new valve stem seals.
Before I start I'd be really grateful for any advice and pointers. The haynes manual doesn't really go into much detail, and mentions practically nothing about the 2.0 16v engine. The tappets are hydralic, so I persume that there is no need to set valve clearances?
Any advice is much appreciated.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hydraulic tappets means self adjusting tappets, which means no shimsing work after a decoke. The hyd tappets are located where you would find the usual shims, and they also look like a large shim.
Apart from the double cam & count of valves, and the hyd tappets, it's like any other head job, yuo may have tried on earlier 8valves.
andylee
My Cars:

Post by andylee »

Many thanks Anders, it's always good to get some reassurance before getting your hammer out [;)]
Cheers.